PDA

View Full Version : clear corners where?

atx
11-30-2002, 03:15 AM
i want to get rid of that ugly orange on the side of my headlight i thinks its clear corners that i need? well if not what do i do to get rid of that orange. where can i buy them?
thanks
matt

Tiptronic
11-30-2002, 09:06 AM
you dont buy them. you remove the haedlight, and pry the reflector out with a flathead screwdriver, then use some heavy duty wire cutters to break it apart. after that, shake the loose pieces out, rinse the rest in hot water, let it dry and there you have it. not very hard to do. you just have to be careful not to break the glass of the headlight itself

Supernova
11-30-2002, 11:12 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MITSU_I4)</div><div class='quotemain'>you dont buy them. Â*you remove the haedlight, and pry the reflector out with a flathead screwdriver, then use some heavy duty wire cutters to break it apart. Â*after that, shake the loose pieces out, rinse the rest in hot water, let it dry and there you have it. Â*not very hard to do. Â*you just have to be careful not to break the glass of the headlight itself</div>

Use distilled water when rincing out the headlight though. Thats just form what i've heard form other people.

99DE
11-30-2002, 12:23 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Supernova)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MITSU_I4)</div><div class='quotemain'>you dont buy them. Â*you remove the haedlight, and pry the reflector out with a flathead screwdriver, then use some heavy duty wire cutters to break it apart. Â*after that, shake the loose pieces out, rinse the rest in hot water, let it dry and there you have it. Â*not very hard to do. Â*you just have to be careful not to break the glass of the headlight itself</div>

Use distilled water when rincing out the headlight though. Thats just form what i've heard form other people.</div>

Distilled water doesn't leave water marks, so this is also good if you want to clean dusty headlights as well.