PDA

View Full Version : 384 grill

Alister_McRae
11-30-2002, 04:21 PM
Hey, would the 384 grill on erebuni's website fit with the stock headlights?
Mike

Cali
12-01-2002, 12:04 AM
no. it's longer and made for JDM headlights....

Lazarus
12-01-2002, 12:49 AM
It will fit but it will have the same issues as all the other kits. there will be a Gap inbetween the headlights. Solution. Either Get JDM headlights or fill in the Gap with fiberglass.
https://thegalantcenter.org/gallery/Members_Rides/F_through_J/GalantKid/Front%20view.jpg

Here is what it will look like without the JDM headlights. On the Erebuni Picture they show you he car at an angle so you don't see the gap.

Tiptronic
12-01-2002, 12:50 AM
are all the kits made to work with the jdm headlights

Bigg Boi
12-01-2002, 01:34 AM
Pretty much.

Lazarus
12-01-2002, 01:41 AM
yeah unfortunately all the kits made are for the JDM galant with the exception of the Ad on Lips that just connect to your bumper and the Super VR4 Inserts that GalantESP use to sell. other than that everything is mafe for the over seas Spec Galants

RedGalant2k1
12-01-2002, 01:52 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lazarus)</div><div class='quotemain'>yeah unfortunately all the kits made are for the JDM galant with the exception of the Ad on Lips that just connect to your bumper and the Super VR4 Inserts that GalantESP use to sell. other than that everything is mafe for the over seas Spec Galants</div>

The "Super VR4" Lip Kit IS made for overseas Galants NOT USDM Galants. Just thought i'd point that out. The only kit EVER made specifically for USDM Galants was the single Skyline style kit made by a company that who knows is in business anymore? but NOSGalant has that kit.

Either way there hasn't ever been a US Galant specific body kit, grill, etc etc....

Tiptronic
12-01-2002, 02:38 AM
so those of us that want a kit will either be stuck with the gap or buy the JDM's. so what that like another $500 for the headlights. so all in all, you are looking to spend about $2500

kit-$1100
lights-$500
paint and install-$500-$600

are my numbers right

Lazarus
12-01-2002, 05:48 AM
If you weren't in a hurry and had some time to do some Custom work I have a friend who is selling his Front for like $100 and another member who totalled their ride has the sides and rear for around $300 for both. Personally I don't think there is anything wrong with getting used merchandise but like i said the front needs a little work. but $400 plus some fiberglass work as apposed to like 1100 is a difference.
Another Option is to call the company you wish to purchase from whether it be Erebuni, or Sarona.com or who ever and see if they can work out some kinda discount or even The New Company out. Maybe they can custom do ont that will fit the US Spec. That's what they are here for.

Tiptronic
12-01-2002, 10:52 AM
TGC member-GaLant posted this a few days ago

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=1873791591 ('http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1873791591')

danj says this is the kit that is sitting in his garage. great price

Lazarus
12-01-2002, 02:51 PM
It will fit but it will have the same issues as all the other kits. there will be a Gap inbetween the headlights. Solution. Either Get JDM headlights or fill in the Gap with fiberglass.
Here is what it will look like without the JDM headlights. On the Erebuni Picture they show you he car at an angle so you don't see the gap.

You know What I apologize for this statement. I had a brain fart and I was thinking of the hogun Kit that I had before. This Kit will not leave a Gap in your headlights because the front end doesn't go that High. It only connects from below your headlights down. I was looking at NOS Galants Kit when it hit me. The reason that the Car in the picture above has the Gap is because he has the JDM Grill. Alot of Galant 2NRs ust take their Existing grill and cuts the teeth out of it. I think that's where I got a little confused. but yeah their will be no gap if you get the 384 Kit with your stock grill. but if you get the shogun then you will. I am sorry again

Cali
12-01-2002, 04:05 PM
no. it's longer and made for JDM headlights....

opps! i mean the grill is shorter my bad...i was thinking of the headlights. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

nrgizeman
12-05-2002, 08:39 PM
send me your grill and i'll make it into 384 grill. just cut the slates, sand imperfects, and paint. after hard work, you get a jdm grill.

ewgiii
12-18-2002, 11:18 PM
so what extra work would have to be done if i wanted to but the Erebuni 384 kit on my 2002 es?

ewgiii
12-18-2002, 11:19 PM
the grill on mine looks different from the ones on all the pics i've seen with this kit. Would i need JDM headlights too, or keep my stock ones?

pinoyesv6
12-20-2002, 11:58 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ewgiii)</div><div class='quotemain'>so what extra work would have to be done if i wanted to but the Erebuni 384 kit on my 2002 es?</div>

pretty much you just gotta mount it and smooth things up a lil. uhm other things u gotta do is worry about the headlight gap and getting some sorta 99-01 galant style grille for your front end to cover things up