PDA

View Full Version : HID prob

anticon
04-08-2007, 08:31 PM
I'm having a problem with my HIDs and haven't gotten much response from the seller. He said I wired them wrong, but I can't find anything wrong. Anyway, I got the h4-2s, so it should be the xenon bulb for low beams, and the xenon + the halogen for highs. Currently, my only my halogen is illuminating for low beams, and when I hit the brights, just the xenon. The wiring seems fool-proof to me, no other way to wire them with how the clips are. Is it possible to have bad ballasts? But what are the chances of having two bad ones in one kit??? It wouldn't be much of a problem, but I want to have my fogs on and they won't with brights. I don't really want to do the simultaneous highs/lows mod, I just want my kit to work right. Thanks in advance...

alexvr
04-08-2007, 08:47 PM
u would have to reverse the hi/lows...the hi's cancel out the fogs all the time so i need to wire them up the oppostie way

anticon
04-08-2007, 08:50 PM
damn maybe im gonna have to cut n splice cuz no plug will reverse... i might have an idea though...

unlimited6986
04-08-2007, 08:54 PM
Yea it should be that u have them backwards

anticon
04-08-2007, 08:57 PM
i just looked at them, i thought maybe the two sides had different wiring, but they are identical and each wire has a diffent gender or type of connection. hmm if nothing else i may try the cut/splice idea to switch them, but i wouldn't think both of them would be wired wrong from the factory... :smt102

Gladiator
04-09-2007, 04:24 PM
I had the same problem with a kit I bought off E-bay, was about to return it when I rewired what the factory had done.

They DID indeed wire it wrong from the factory. The poles are incorrect and you have to unplug it and plug it the other way.

fatal1
04-09-2007, 04:44 PM
hmm, thats some shit

Reelax
04-09-2007, 04:53 PM
it's wired backwards. also unless the new plug has a diode or relay, you will have to do the diode/relay trick to keep both xenon and halogen on at the same time when ur hi beam is turned on... the sotck wiring only allows one or the other, not both simultaneously (unless u hold the selector lever back and keep holding it).

anticon
04-10-2007, 02:46 AM
yeah, exactly - the only way i can get my real brights (xenon + halo) to come on is if the lights are off and i pull back on the lever. hopefully my kit does have a relay cuz i wasnt too interested in doing the mod. guess ill find out when i switch up the wiring this week... thanks a grip for the help everyone.