PDA

View Full Version : 2 Way Alarms

Da_silvagride
04-13-2007, 09:03 AM
Hey guys I am looking into the two alarms. I was wondering if they are considerably dependable and really work in long distance of an mile.

I been looking at DEI

Python
Audiovox
Clifford

I just want to here some experiences with them and what do you guys recommend having. Such as proximity sensors, shock sensors etc.

nycking23
04-13-2007, 09:09 AM
the best way to protect your stuff is insurance. depending where you live and how careful you are, a 2 way alarm might help. i know i have a 2 way code alarm. proximity sensors are a no for me since i park in a crowded parking lot at work. shock sensors work too but they can be too sensitive sometimes. i had to turn mine down because my alarm would go off when the garbage truck passed by in the morning.

alarms will help, 2 ways might help a bit, but being smart and having insurance is the best bet. also, a 2 way wont always be best. sure you would know if someone breaks into your car, but what if you run out and the guy has a gun?

bronxbombr
04-13-2007, 09:23 AM
proximity alarms work if you put em in the right place and tune em right.

IceDouTGaLanT
04-13-2007, 01:24 PM
i go with the clifford/python. ive had mine since about 02 and they do work, but if your inside a mall or somewhere they wont work just heads up. but thier great in college/school since it saved me few times

dknight3
04-13-2007, 01:54 PM
whats a proximity?

like if somthing passes a certain point then the alarm will go off?
what if a squirrel crosses it?

evil-G-nius
04-13-2007, 02:08 PM
I am looking into getting another alarm myself. Clifford is good, Viper is another one although they tend to be a little pricey. I have an Avital, which is a Clifford company....check them too. May not be as expensive, but works just the same

cntrylvr79
04-13-2007, 10:58 PM
Viper, python, clifford, avital, rattler, boa, hornet, sidewinder, valet, automate, hornet and wasp. All made/owned be dei. All the same, the only difference is the name...

Jeffylou87
04-14-2007, 08:59 AM
I've heard of the marksman where it pages you if something is near your car instead of the car going off.. You can make the car go off... and it has a remote start.. It also has an lcd display.. It has a very long range..

Gladiator
04-14-2007, 10:58 AM
I have a Viper 5900SST, they claim the range to be 1 mile with no interference but I found the range to be quite poor in the city.
But still it is a good alarm, you might want to look into Compustar if you choose another company besides DEI

BIGMONEYDAY
04-14-2007, 01:07 PM
I know my Scytek alarm claims a 1/2 mile range, but that's probably only about 1/4 radius around the car itself, equalling a total a 1/2 mile range. But the range is pretty good in open areas, but once you start getting into concrete buildings, like malls, you can forget it. I hear an alarm is coming out that calls your cell.

cntrylvr79
04-14-2007, 06:48 PM
Systems like that have been availible from Audiovox and DEI for a number of years now. Though they do tend to be on the expensive side.

qnz
04-14-2007, 08:31 PM
i also have the viper 5900sst. the range in the city is like 2-3 blocks if you have to go thru buildings. i havent tested the range in a straight shot, tho i was able to turn my car on when i was 6 straight blocks away. it can probably go further if it was only a straight line of communication