PDA

View Full Version : i don't know what this problem is

kolio
04-16-2007, 08:21 PM
when i first start the car, i give it like a min to warm up. i go to take off and my revs drop down to 1k (idle) even tho i was giving it enough to be at 2.5k and the car doesn't do anything for a second so i slam the gas and dump the clutch. and it jerks and takes off. it only does it every now and then.

i am also gonna try to take it back to the mechanic and have hime adjust the clutch.

while i drive sometimes i hear a squeak come from a belt and my lights dim during the squeak.

i'm going to take of the timimg cover to see if maybe the belt is fucked up,
even though the timing belt was replaced at 70k and was done 27 of DEC 2004. i got only 82500 now.

my gas mileage blows, the performance is almost as bad as with the burnt clutch, my plugs look like ass, and i have oil on the plug wires.

i started the car 2 days ago ( barely, long crank) and it almost stalled after starting, i gave it gas and right after the revs dropped below 500 so i kept it at 3k for a min and it settled.

any ideas?

seth98esT
04-16-2007, 08:45 PM
-Replace the valve cover spark plug o-rings
-Tighten the alternator belt, will stop the squeak and dim lights
-Change the plugs, the plug wires may be ruined if the oil ate away at the boot that attaches the plugwire to the top of the plug. Also test the distributor
-Dont just hit the gas and dump the clutch, what do you expect?

Just drive it down here for a weekend, I will fix it for you ha.

kolio
04-17-2007, 12:27 AM
-Replace the valve cover spark plug o-rings
-Tighten the alternator belt, will stop the squeak and dim lights
-Change the plugs, the plug wires may be ruined if the oil ate away at the boot that attaches the plugwire to the top of the plug. Also test the distributor
-Dont just hit the gas and dump the clutch, what do you expect?

Just drive it down here for a weekend, I will fix it for you ha.

dude don't tempt me to come there, you almost as far from me as proto is. but word on the street is you going back home soon. i will however need your help in a couple months with a 63T swap going on.

what are you like 3 hrs from baltimore?

seth98esT
04-17-2007, 12:29 AM
Yah, prob 3.5hrs. Ill be here for another month though.