PDA

View Full Version : Convert manual mirrors to power

boridragon02
04-18-2007, 02:32 AM
Hey guys im picking up my new 99 DE model tomorrow. It has manual mirrors and I was wondering, how hard would it be if I wanted to convert them to power, heated mirrors?? Would it cost a lot in terms of parts aside from the heated power mirrors themselves??

GOOSEY2099
04-18-2007, 07:30 AM
Your best best bet it to pickup vr4 powerfolding mirrors from triggermauve. They come with a switch and there is a tutorial on how to wire them up already.

pinoyesv6
04-18-2007, 07:51 AM
i agree.

but nonetheless, asides from the mirrors, the only big thing you might pay for is labor. i mean if you're not doing it yourself.

if you can find the factory mirror harnesses and get everything hooked up, you're good to go.

but if you can't, or want something more simple, you could always just run your own wires.

lonestar22
04-18-2007, 11:30 AM
i know that on the DE's if u take the door panel off the connector for the power mirrors are already there. i dont know where the other connection for the switch is though. that would probably be easier since the car is prewired for it

MatrixRenagade
04-22-2007, 04:42 PM
:?: So, I've been wondering about this also... I've seen the connectors behind both door panels, but I haven't really looked to find out where the switch connector is. Could anybody take a picture fron the underside of their dash and maybe help us get some sort of clue as to where to wire up the switch? I'd seriously appreciate it! :D On the other hand, I DO have the service manual somewhere around here, maybe I could break it out and look up the wiring schematics.. Need to find a switch somewhere also.... Sooner or later my DE is getting some power mirrors, dammit! :(

pLUGSNEt
04-26-2007, 12:38 PM
the service manual doesnt have any info on the switch.. ive looked plenty of times...

Qs
04-29-2007, 11:52 PM
what about if i want to do the opposite ,

the way i figure it , we have 4 power motors for the window

might be worth a few bucks and its gonna be less weight , 5 to 10 pounds maybe

anyway

so would it be hard to convert power windows to manual ??? or is it too much work for the amount of cash i could get and the total weight being saved???

i mean it cant be that hard , the mechanishm for manual windows must be pretty simple although ibr never seen one

pinoyesv6
04-30-2007, 11:23 AM
how would converting to power mirrors to manual windows be opposite?

but nonetheless, you would have to find a donor car to pick parts from and engineer a way for that to work since all 8g's have power windows.

MatrixRenagade
04-30-2007, 02:37 PM
LOL.. :lol: He thought it was power wondows, not mirrors. Honet mistake. But, yeah. Manual windows woud save you some weight, but not too much.. Think of it this way: If you have a set of subs (12's) in the trunk, you would save more weight by taking out one of those speakers than you would by changing the window to crank-handle-opperated..

pLUGSNEt --- I still haven"t checked the repair manual, so I'll have to take your word for it.. Time to go junkyard scavenging for that dashboard switch...

Anyone live in Ventura County, or near here that can point me in the dirrection to a good sized "U Pull It" Salvage Yard??? If you do, I'd really appreciate it! :D

Qs
05-01-2007, 07:03 PM
:shock: :lol:

my bad, yeah i meant power windows :mrgreen: