PDA

View Full Version : what do YOU use to wipre down your windows

sinx
04-23-2007, 03:19 PM
i grabbed an absorber, gave my car a good wash with meguiars and it works awesome. the body is hella clean, no streaks, no swirles..

my only problem is my windows, even with the absorber on the outside, it leaves little water marks. no matter how well i ring out the water there's the tinest water marks that'll show up when dried.. i hate that knowing my car is mint except for the windows and it's noticble if you stare out. what do you guys do to wipe down your windows? maybe i should invest in a squigie?

pinoyesv6
04-23-2007, 03:26 PM
steel wool, glass cleaner, crumpled up newspaper.

mattalicslvr8g02
04-23-2007, 03:30 PM
foaming glass cleaner and a paper towel

DOHCstunr
04-23-2007, 05:12 PM
foaming glass cleaner and a paper towel

makes a big difference.

but i use a microfiber towels,
one for scrubbing the foam spray
the second for buffing the glass after the cleaner is evaporated.

txgalant
04-23-2007, 05:26 PM
steel wool, glass cleaner, crumpled up newspaper.

X2!
newspaper works the best for me.

sinx
04-23-2007, 06:00 PM
mos def crumpled up newspaper works the best, i do that for the inside...
but i guess i never realized or thought about doing that for the outside to dry..

thanks guys!

ricky_db
04-23-2007, 06:14 PM
glass cleaner & newspaper

thebirdman13
04-23-2007, 07:59 PM
i usually dry the windows after a wash with the california water blade then use a mixture of vinegar and water and some newspaper to get all the streaks out....

9G
04-23-2007, 09:15 PM
I just use the absorber all over the car. Do the windows first then the body.

SkylineG1
04-23-2007, 09:19 PM
Windex & the friggin sports section when the Yankees' lose.

S-Line
04-23-2007, 10:47 PM

:lol: :lol:

Yo ur nuts. Newspaper is great but might be a lil to coarse for the inside if you have tint.

SkylineG1
04-23-2007, 10:50 PM

Yo ur nuts. Newspaper is great but might be a lil to coarse for the inside if you have tint.

For the inside I use Windex & Bounty.

Khobin
04-24-2007, 12:17 AM

For the inside I use Windex & Bounty.

+1...the "quilted" kind... :lol:

Edit: Well it's not always Windex...I also have this Green stuff that works pretty good...basically any glass cleaner without Ammonia should be safe.

Diamndsr4eva
04-24-2007, 12:48 AM
^^X2.
def stay away from the ammonia based window cleaners...especially if u got the tints on..

i use ammonia free windex, some bounty(quilted) and use some newspaper for that supa shine 8)

AVERAGE
04-24-2007, 01:16 AM
As I mentioned in another thread. If you wash your car on a regular basis and aren't a smoker than a damp chamois and towel should be all you need. 8)

darkbane
04-24-2007, 02:59 PM
armor-all makes these window wipes that work pretty good for me. I quit smoking not too long ago and they did a damn good job of taking all the nasty residue off the inside face of the windows. on that same note, wal-mart makes a knock off version of the same kind of window wipes; avoid this stuff like the plague, they smeared the windows on my girlfriends 07 elantra to the point that it was barely driveable.

AVERAGE
04-24-2007, 03:03 PM
armor-all makes these window wipes that work pretty good for me. I quit smoking not too long ago and they did a damn good job of taking all the nasty residue off the inside face of the windows. on that same note, wal-mart makes a knock off version of the same kind of window wipes; avoid this stuff like the plague, they smeared the windows on my girlfriends 07 elantra to the point that it was barely driveable. Are you sure they were window wipes or detailing wipes?

SinSere
04-24-2007, 04:52 PM
I personally don't like Armor-All products. I found the local Glass places foaming cleaner is the best. I use microfiber towels for the most part. If I don't have one available I use paper towels. Using CLEAN towels or rags is the key. If there's anything on them, it will streak.

GnarTot
10-08-2007, 02:41 PM
how do you use newspaper? Do you just lay a section over the window and have it soak up the water? Just wondering how its done. - doug

slickrick
10-22-2007, 12:11 AM
crumple it up and wipe like you would with a towel.