PDA

View Full Version : i did a bad thing

JiP
04-23-2007, 05:51 PM
=\ luckily it was a wopping $70 bucks on a lucky bid on ebay but...

So mounted the turbo up (14b) and had a hell of a time with the exhaust and oil lines, but got everything in place. No intercooler or intake tubes mounted at this point, slapped a filter on the turbo inlet and with the stock maf in place started the car curious to see if oil flies all over the place...

well no oil...but no air pumping out the turbo either...pull off the filter and the turbine isnt spinning...silly me was I suposed to prime the turbo =P I think I siezed it. cant even spin it by hand anymore lol

...go ahead laugh your asses off...

ricky_db
04-23-2007, 06:09 PM
:lol:

Shadow19
04-23-2007, 06:12 PM
Curiousity killed the cat

seth98esT
04-23-2007, 06:48 PM
Hah, I dont remember if I prime the turbo every time I put it on/take it off. I have never had any issues though. Did the compressor wheel spin before you started it?

Sleepervr-4
04-23-2007, 06:50 PM
:smt017 :? :lol:

DOHCstunr
04-23-2007, 07:03 PM
primign the turbo is preventative,

but failure to prime it will not kill it by any means.

any damage would not be in shaft siezure, but in shaft play.

JiP
04-23-2007, 08:02 PM
well.... wasn't oil problem.. yanked the sucker apart and found a washer in the turbine housing :D

It already had a tiny tiny piece of a fin broken off when I bought it...there was no more damage done by the washer, it musta wedged into the broken fin and just stopped the spin...

Started it up and saw it spin for a few and called it a day, I'll break more of it tomorrow.