PDA

View Full Version : Scytek VisionGuard 8000

EDubb02
05-01-2007, 05:29 PM
Has anybody heard much about this alarm?? Thinking about buying it but I wanna make sure it will be worth the money...

BIGMONEYDAY
05-02-2007, 10:30 AM
I have the Scytek alarm that is the line right below the "vision" series with the full color 2-way remote. My friends shop caries these alarms. I've seen the Vision series and I'm really not that impressed. The camera does take a picture and send it to your remote, but the image is kinda grainy and also you have to have it pointed at where you think the burgler will be, then he better not move....LOL!! If I were you, I'd just get the one below that line w/o the camera, but even then it's a few thing you won't like, but you will definately get the "WOW!!" factor from folks that see it. Most like the full color screen with it has, and I get asked if it's a "phone" all the time. The range is pretty good, but I don't like that it eat's batteries like fat chick after gettin her smoke on. It uses 1 AAA battery a month, which is alot compared to my factory remote that uses watch batteries, and I'm only on my 2nd battery and I bought my car in '99. Anyway, if your going to get any of those alarms, go to asainwolf.com, they have the best prices.

Jeffylou87
05-02-2007, 10:54 AM
It uses a camera? how?

BIGMONEYDAY
05-08-2007, 12:04 PM
It uses a camera? how?

It has a small digital camera connected to a transmitter that you mount to your windshield in the interior of your car. When the alarm is activated, it takes and sends a picture to the remote, if your in range.