PDA

View Full Version : JDM fitment question

dronesurfboards
05-10-2007, 08:23 PM
Im looking to buy my bumper this month, not sure if im getting the Zenki VR4 or the Kouki VR4 bumper. But im curious which one will give me less of a headache when its time to install. I know the Zenki bumper, you just have to cut the corners off of the crashbar, is that the same with the Kouki bumper or do i have to completely custom make a crashbar?

Also side skirts, is there a difference in fitment with the zenki or kouki side skirts...ive searched and im hearing the old style is easier for fitment. Help this bruddah out!

Kwikfox
05-10-2007, 08:36 PM
Well on me and MissMavs G, when we got the JDM VR4 Diamond edition bumper for the G, we had to remove the enitre crash bar... that would probably be your best, and easiest thing.

S-Line
05-10-2007, 09:26 PM
Well the 98+ vr4 just requires the cutting of the corners. The vrg is the only jdm bumper i know that you have to remove the whole crashbar or have a custom one made.

fatal1
05-10-2007, 09:30 PM
not sure of the bumpers you are refering too off hand by the names i believe one is the new and 1 is the old style just not sure, both bumpers i believe require the same modifications to the crashbar, the vrg and vrm models require a custom bar or removal

side skirts-
old style almost fit and require little modification to get on

new style require more modification to fit properly and are a bit of a pain