PDA

View Full Version : Best Ground On 8g?

thealliance43
05-14-2007, 08:34 PM
what's the best ground for my amp and speakers.... Right now i'm getting a noisy backfeed and when i accelerate it gets louder. I was thinking of grounding it to the battery (-). Is there a better ground and will that solve my problem?

mattalicslvr8g02
05-14-2007, 08:40 PM
under the back seat and on one of the seat belt bolts

furiousgtz
05-14-2007, 08:44 PM
under the back seat and on one of the seat belt bolts
yaa the backseat...i had that when I had my "system"

pinoyesv6
05-14-2007, 08:50 PM
you ground your speakers??

mattalicslvr8g02
05-14-2007, 08:51 PM

you ground the amp and the main power wires

pinoyesv6
05-14-2007, 08:53 PM

you ground the amp, but i've never heard of anyone connecting speakers to ground.

mattalicslvr8g02
05-14-2007, 08:55 PM

you ground the amp, but i've never heard of anyone connecting speakers to ground.

well subs have a positive and negative .. there is no ground.. . all he will have to do is ground the main wires going back and ground the amps

pinoyesv6
05-14-2007, 08:57 PM

well subs have a positive and negative .. there is no ground.. . all he will have to do is ground the main wires going back and ground the amps

i know that. im saying he might be having problems with his speakers because he's connecting them to ground!!!!

what's the best ground for my amp and speakers....

mattalicslvr8g02
05-14-2007, 08:58 PM

i know that. im saying he might be having problems with his speakers because he's connecting them to ground!!!!

what's the best ground for my amp and speakers....

lol maybe he thinks they need to be grounded

thealliance43
05-14-2007, 09:28 PM
no i was talking about my amps.... i have 1 amp for my subs 1 for my speakers..... and you have to ground the amps.... which ground is best the seat belt? and are you talking about the seatbelt on the backseat when you say backseat? Thanks for the help guyz

pinoyesv6
05-14-2007, 09:39 PM
here is where the factory electrical components ground to

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/5441/groundingdt7.jpg

but really, any good hunk of metal connected to the car's chassis is good. if that place is painted, scuff off the paint to get a good metal to metal connection. oh, and if you plan on drilling holes, make sure you don't drill into anything important.

lonestar22
05-14-2007, 10:15 PM
i used the bolt that holds on the 3rd brake light. no whining and has served me right for three years now. also there is very little paint on that area if any

Prophet
05-14-2007, 10:34 PM
Ground should also be no more then six inches from the amp if you can do that and some people make the mistake of running the rca's down the same side of the car as the power wire. If you can run them down each side of the car...

thealliance43
05-14-2007, 10:57 PM
Ground should also be no more then six inches from the amp if you can do that and some people make the mistake of running the rca's down the same side of the car as the power wire. If you can run them down each side of the car...
RCA's are on the opp. side. 6" ground. Good suggestion i'm gunna try it tomorrow. Thanx again

Prophet3976
05-15-2007, 01:56 AM
Well i dont have my galant anymore, i have a G20

But if i remember correctly, there was a few bolts in the trunk and i just sanded the paint off so it would be a good ground.

mattalicslvr8g02
05-15-2007, 05:47 AM
If you decide to drill holde make sure it is not under he back seat cushon the gas tank is uner there

fatal1
05-15-2007, 07:00 AM
yea just go to one of the seatbelt bolts if you can, how many watts are you pushing what size wiring do you have? how did you run the wires are they all on the same side? these are also things to look out for

thealliance43
05-15-2007, 08:46 PM
grounded it to my seatbelt in the back today.... :( still same issue.... is it a fact that the ground has to be around 6" only b.c. mine is longer (4 gauge) then splits into 2 8guage wires....

01blackG
05-15-2007, 08:57 PM
Keep it one solid wire, dont try spliting the wires because at the spliting point your causing a spot of week installation. And for a ground wire its recommended to keep it close to 1 foot or shorter. The best way to groung the wire is find a spot close to the amp where you can drill though the metal with out drilling to the out side of the car. Then sand any paint off that area and screw down the wire so its pressing down on bare metal. You can then spray some paint back over the area to help cover up any bare metal spots that might be expose. I had the same problem once i shortend up the wire and made a good ground it went away. Also make sure all your other wires are good. What i mean is make sure you have good installated wires.

Prophet
05-15-2007, 09:51 PM
A bad ground is also just one problem with a buzzing sound. It can also be other things not related to a bad ground. A bad ground is just normally the problem and solution....

thealliance43
05-15-2007, 10:01 PM
A bad ground is also just one problem with a buzzing sound. It can also be other things not related to a bad ground. A bad ground is just normally the problem and solution....

examples? or what others have said

Shadow19
05-15-2007, 10:10 PM
get some better rca cables

Titanium03G
06-01-2007, 02:01 PM
check the ground for your headunit. A lot of times the problem is with the source of the signal.

CHICAGO_ONE
06-01-2007, 03:01 PM
If you've moved your grounds around that much and still get static, you probably need better, or newer wires. As for me, I've grounded my amps on the side walls of the trunk, kind of near the existing stock ground. At one point I also had it under the back seat, not on the seat belt bolt, and that was fine too. Check the wires