PDA

View Full Version : 1999 Galant ES Rims and Tire Question.

ND4SPD2000
08-14-2002, 07:06 AM
Hey everybody. How is everyone doing? I'm new to this forum and Mitsubishi so please forgive me if I don't know how to navigate well around the forums yet. I did a search but did not come up with an answer to my question.

I have a 1999 Galant ES V4. Right now it still currently has the stock 15 inch rims and tires and the stock suspension. Oh and the suspension is stock height. Last night while I was looking at my wheel well and all, I noticed that the stock strut/shock is pretty close to my wheels and tires. It seems like I would only be able to fit 16 inch rims or something. It may be just the way I see it or jus tthe fact that I'm not used to the car. I was planning on going with 18 inch rims and staying stock height. I do not want to mess around with the suspension because I don't way to have the rough and bumpy ride.

To get to my point:
Will I be able to put 18 inch rims on my car and keep it with the stock struts/shocks and stock height? Will I need anything special to install them so they won't rub, like spacers or anything like that? What tires size do you guys recomend for the 18 inch rims?

Again, I'm really sorry if this has been answered before but I did not find it on the search.

Oh and another thing: Is it just my computer is is this site down? Because everytime I click on the "Tutorials" it says "Page Not Found". Basicly what i was to know is how to make my corner lights clear. When I click on the page (https://www.thegalantcenter.com/tutorial/clearingcorners.html) to see how to do it, it just says "The Page Cannot Be Found". Please help me with this or if you can tell me in detail how to do it? Thank you.

Jesus Jardon
Miami, FL
99 Galant ES V4
ND4SPD2000

Supernova
08-14-2002, 05:17 PM
Yes the site is down. But at least the boards are up.8) Oh, and I don't relly know the answer to the question... I want some 17" racing wheels on mine. ANd I dont' really knoww hat to do either.. :?

Reelax
08-14-2002, 05:27 PM
get as close as you can to 18"x7.5" +45mm offset w/ 225/40zr18 tires. as you get larger wheels, u will get shorter tires so the overall diameter will stay close to stock specs. the above mentioned sizes are within 2% from stock overal rolling diameter.

click on my sig to see how 18's look.

btw, i would not suggest getting bigger wheels and foregoing the drop, your car will look like an SUV.

pinoyesv6
08-14-2002, 06:28 PM
reelax got the whole wheel deal. as for the tutorials, many of them i made up so tell me what u need and maybe i can help u. just send me a pM

opy1095
08-17-2002, 03:05 AM
i have 17" w/ 215-45-ZR17 and they run just fine

now ready for 18"-- do u guys think a 225-35-18 will work

RedGalant2k1
08-17-2002, 06:54 AM
19s fit Galants with minimal rubbing, if at all. You just need to purchase 225/35-19 ratio tires. Other than that Reelax got it 100%.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(opy1095)</div><div class='quotemain'>i have 17" w/ 215-45-ZR17 and they run just fine

now ready for 18"-- do u guys think a 225-35-18 will work</div>

for 18s get 225/40s. 35 ratio tires will throw off your speedo & rpm gauges, and other things.