PDA

View Full Version : To those with Tints. ASAP.

lKoRTy
05-21-2007, 11:14 PM
People on here who have 15 and 20 % tints - how hard is it to drive at night? And also, can you still see the inside with 15%? if so, how many steps away from the car?

g-ridda
05-21-2007, 11:49 PM
its not hard to drive at night but on turns u might have to roll your window down to see the medians.basically kinda tough seeing curbs.far as seeing inside at night u have get pretty close and during the day u can see a person but not enough to indentify them thats the best way i can explain.if it wasnt for the front window not being tinted 20 percent would be really dark

01galant01
05-21-2007, 11:58 PM
i have 20% on the front windows

it depends where you live...when im in new york i can see out the window clearly at night, but when im in jersey i have to roll down the front windows when parking because of the lack of streetlights

lKoRTy
05-22-2007, 12:12 AM
So 15% would be extremely dark? The effect i kinda want to achieve is like during the day being able to see the person, or that the person is in the car. but it would be sorta hard to see them. More liek a silhouette. And at night it's obviously gonna be hard to look inside no matter what tint.
But as far as the day goes - 15% would make the person practically invisible? or still visible?

00GalantMan
05-22-2007, 12:13 AM
I got 15% on mine, and I can see fine...The only thing is when I'm backing up, I have to put my windows down, if the place isn't lit up good. But other than that, it's good...

01galant01
05-22-2007, 12:29 AM
So 15% would be extremely dark? The effect i kinda want to achieve is like during the day being able to see the person, or that the person is in the car. but it would be sorta hard to see them. More liek a silhouette. And at night it's obviously gonna be hard to look inside no matter what tint.
But as far as the day goes - 15% would make the person practically invisible? or still visible? well with my 20, u can see through it in the daytime because of all the light coming through the windshield, enuff to see that someone is in there, but not who is driving...but at night its fairly dark...so im guessing 15% should be fine for your likings

lKoRTy
05-22-2007, 12:35 AM
Thats what im trying to decide. between 20 and 15. 10% would be very dark from what i understand. but these 2 just got me. i think i shoul djust get 17.5% lol. sigh

619 CUSTOMS
05-22-2007, 01:47 AM
Thats what im trying to decide. between 20 and 15. 10% would be very dark from what i understand. but these 2 just got me. i think i shoul djust get 17.5% lol. sigh

to be honest its not hard to see at all...i have 15% on my back windows and 20% in the front here are some pics
https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewtopic.php?t=56511

my advice would be to do the same, take a look at the link above to see what the windows look like

lKoRTy
05-22-2007, 01:57 AM
Hmm, i see. That looks good. Your car is silver as well right?
And does it really make a big difference without havinf the rear 20% but 15%? I read something abou tit makign the whole tint look darker but not affecting performance as far as visibility wise?

lKoRTy
05-22-2007, 01:59 AM
edit: btw, i didnt notice - on the pics - the rear window - did they make a little hole around the 3rd brake signal if u have one?
Or if anyone with 3rd brake ligt - di dthey make a hoel for it or just straight down? And would it be better to cover the whole window or leave the hole for the brake light?

619 CUSTOMS
05-22-2007, 03:21 AM
Hmm, i see. That looks good. Your car is silver as well right?
And does it really make a big difference without havinf the rear 20% but 15%? I read something abou tit makign the whole tint look darker but not affecting performance as far as visibility wise?

edit: btw, i didnt notice - on the pics - the rear window - did they make a little hole around the 3rd brake signal if u have one?
Or if anyone with 3rd brake ligt - di dthey make a hoel for it or just straight down? And would it be better to cover the whole window or leave the hole for the brake light?

naw the color of my car is steele blue pearl. and no it doesnt really make a difference, i just went a little lighter in the front becasue here in sd cali, you are not supposed to have tint on the fronts. but many people get away with the 20% in the fronts. to be honest theres really not much of a difference in the darkness between the two...they are pretty close...looks good, and everything is visible..

and as far as the rear window, it is also 15% and the entire window is tinted, it wont look good at all if you have them cut out the 3rd brake light trust me. the light is still very visible with the tint. let me know if you got any other questions.

gtx
05-22-2007, 05:52 AM
Before anything, I'd check with your state/local pd what do they allow on the front windows. I just had the privilege of a local officer measuring mine a couple days ago :lol: With 15 in the back and 35 on the front windows, I have no problem seeing things, not even at night.

qnz
05-22-2007, 07:13 AM
well the stock window comes lightly tinted from the factory. i had 15% tints installed. but + the factory tint, cops tell me my tint is 11%. its hard to see black cars and sometimes black people at night. it sucks when i have to roll my windows down when im in a dark area and its raining out. also if im paralleled parked in front of a dark car, its hard to see where my trunk ends and his hood begins.

daytime its real easy to see out and pretty hard to see in, only sillouettes. night time, no one can tell if theres anyone in the car.

polishmafia
05-22-2007, 07:27 AM
well the stock window comes lightly tinted from the factory. i had 15% tints installed. but + the factory tint, cops tell me my tint is 11%.

i had 30% on mine, and when i had my windows tested by my friendly neighborhood officer... 25%. so take into account the +/- 5% stock tint.

its hard to see black cars and sometimes black people at night.

hahaha

jpnvr4
05-22-2007, 07:46 AM
it's pretty much a clear veiwing in the day and at nite ain't bad either.... when I got my car from japan I 5% on the back door windows and rear window but that was way 2 dark...so 20- 15 should be good :wink:

quicksilver22
05-22-2007, 08:30 AM
stick with whats legal in your state so you don't run into any trouble with law enforcement later down the line...

GaLaNtKeV99
05-22-2007, 08:59 AM
Get LIMO tints, thats what i had on the 8g, and now on my G35, i love them.

You couldnt see anything inside the car. And at night it was hard at first, but you get use to it.

Limo = 5%

And i know they are limo (5%), b/c a cop pulled me over and measured it for me. lol. but got off with a warning, cuz of pba.

lKoRTy
05-22-2007, 09:08 AM
lol. My friend has a limo in his diamante, thats too dark haha.
And i did notice that the galant already has a little tint on the windows.
So i guess the way to go would be 20% The question now if shall i make the rear 20 as well or 15? Would that affect visibility at night worse?

pvu_rida
05-22-2007, 01:26 PM
5% on top on 5% is the way to go...

DOHCstunr
05-22-2007, 01:31 PM
cut the the rear tailight.
you'd be a fool not to, maybe its still visible..... but its one hell of a lot brighter without tint.
and if its that thin layer of tint that keeps someone from rear ending me...(and they will)
then i'll accept a small hole in my tint.

lucky for me i have no factory rear dash brake light.

i also have 10% all around.
i like it very much. it is not hard to drive at night.

if i get pulled over, the first thing i do owhen i see the headlights is turn on my dome and map lights(you should anyways)
and then roll down all my windows.

this way the cop won't feel threatened, andn since he won't have any tint obstructing his vision, he won't write you up for tint.

jsut so you know D,
the darkest you can go in kentucky,
is 15 on the rear winsheild, and rear windows,
and 20 on the driver and passenger front window.

safety shoudl be your first concern.
leave the brake light.

also, since your car is silver, you may consider gettign a different shade than pure black. maybe somethign a little closer to smoke tint.
that way it looks like you have class, not a trunk full of drugs.

thealliance43
05-22-2007, 01:37 PM
i have limo tint all round... its def. darker but not impossible u'll get used to it

XxGiRLaNT06xX
05-22-2007, 01:37 PM
I had 20% on my 8G. It was dark enough for me. I have the same on my 9G now. Its not too bad at night but i do roll down the window when parking.

Then again i could think its good enough b/c my b/f has triple tint all over his truck and double tinted windsheild... :lol: :roll:

amnbrueckner
05-22-2007, 02:33 PM
I have like 7% metallic tint on mine. It is hard to see at night but after a while you get adjusted to it. You can make out an outline from the side with light coming in the front but other than that you cant see anything from the outside

lKoRTy
05-22-2007, 05:28 PM
pics of the metallic?

furiousgtz
05-22-2007, 05:52 PM
I have 5% in the back no front and its hard to see at night..

lKoRTy
05-22-2007, 10:34 PM
my friend with a black diamante has 5% all around that thing is insane lol.
this is what i might be going with. thats 15% all around Llumar charcoal tint. But on these pics the guy also did 35% front, which makes it darker obviously.
http://www.urprey.com/compg/done/IMG_1871%20(Medium).jpg
http://www.urprey.com/compg/done2/IMG_2001%20(Large).JPG

alexvr
05-23-2007, 12:12 AM
i have 4% according to cop's scan thing...i got useto it tho at first its dark but u get useto it...tint the front window 35 if anything

SkylineG1
05-23-2007, 11:06 PM
I have 35% all around. I want the cop to see that I am not doing anything illegal.

alexvr
05-24-2007, 01:58 AM
as sooon as i get stoped i roll my two fronts dwn and if its night time i turn on my bright ass led dome lights :) cops like that lol

mak225
06-20-2007, 04:39 PM
i got 5 % black all the way around including my sunroof,i got a 5 % front strip on the windshield and under the front strip is 50% platinum,not TOO bad to see at night but when it rains its a bitch

Divinity
06-20-2007, 08:42 PM
I have 15% sputtered tint all around on my 8g, and never had a problem seeing at night to drive or even park. Even if you did run across problems seeing, you could always roll down your window. As for the 15% on the outside, you really can't see in the car, but as with any tint you can see in at certain angles. If you ever got pulled over, just roll down the front two windows. I say go 15%! If you're adventurous... then do 10%

Fishboy55
06-20-2007, 09:34 PM
I have 35% all around. I want the cop to see that I am not doing anything illegal.
X2 and then some!!!

Darkkend
06-20-2007, 11:27 PM
on my VR4 i have 20% all around and its decent not too dark and not to light, on my Cougar i have 35% up front and 20 in the back and I wish i would have went darker up front.

Also the 20% in the galant looks a tad darker then the cougar cause the galant as black leather and the cougar is grey and navy seats.

lonestar22
06-20-2007, 11:47 PM
i have 35 on the two fronts and 20 everywhere else.
i like twenty becasue u can kinda see out the back window at night, but when its cloudy u cant see in. so u get the best of both worlds

twenty percent at night
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d175/lonestar22/FriendsRide004.jpg
twenty percent during the day
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d175/lonestar22/Picture468.jpg

35 front 20 back
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d175/lonestar22/DiscBrakeSuccess002.jpg

jkupp2000
06-21-2007, 11:15 PM
with stock tint i thought it was hard to see at night

Jeffylou87
06-21-2007, 11:19 PM
Look at these tints.. Those are my buddies.. (before the folding mirros)

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i59/jeffylou87/TGC/8G109.jpg

tcruse2004
06-24-2007, 02:50 PM
i have 5% on all my windows plus 15% on the back three windows so it is dark in my car

1ststrike
06-24-2007, 03:40 PM
is there any way to determine what % you have on you windows. my car can with some dark ones and im worried they not be legal, but then again i dont want to take them off in case they are

polishmafia
06-25-2007, 07:46 AM
drive around til you find a cop and ask him. but if its below the legal limit, prepare for a ticket :lol: