PDA

View Full Version : Fuse is blown - but dont know which one !!!

Mangoman
05-25-2007, 01:37 AM
Hey guys -

I was trying to add my new amp and sub the other day, and somewhere along the way blew a fuse.

Basically, the ignition power is working, but the regular 12v is not. So no power to the headunit, the Odometer trip A + B reset to 0 after each trip, no "lights on" warning sound after the keys are removed etc etc.

I checked the 2 fuse boxes, but cant find whichever fuse is blown. The one for the radio by the left of the door appears fine. Im thinking it might be the one thats on the Red terminal of the battery that goes to the ECU etc, but that appears fine also. Is it possible its still blown even if it appears ok ? They are the type of fuses that dont come with a spare it seems.

Any help would really be appreciated !

Thanks.

Fishboy55
05-25-2007, 05:49 AM
Check the fuses under the hood. There's a yellow fuse holder that contains two fuses. One or both of them is blown. I'm gonna start charging a dollar for every time I have to write this answer.

Maybe we should make a tutorial for installing electrical devices in your car. Step 1: Disconnect the battery. Step 2: If you don't disconnect the battery and something doesn't work when you get done, go to TGC and do a search.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

furiousgtz
05-25-2007, 09:57 AM
just take each one out and see which is is blown...and replace it

dwjp90
04-30-2008, 01:29 AM
Check the fuses under the hood. There's a yellow fuse holder that contains two fuses. One or both of them is blown. I'm gonna start charging a dollar for every time I have to write this answer.

Maybe we should make a tutorial for installing electrical devices in your car. Step 1: Disconnect the battery. Step 2: If you don't disconnect the battery and something doesn't work when you get done, go to TGC and do a search.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

replce them both and make sure you get them all the way in

fliegendaffe
04-30-2008, 01:32 AM
holy old post batman

dwjp90
04-30-2008, 01:47 AM
holy old post batman

lol i just realized that :smt075