PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Video

02GalantMrSBF
05-26-2007, 08:35 PM
Just wondering... Is there any way to install the tv screens that come in a "package" just into the headrests? I have a Kawasaki PVS1965 unit , it comes with the dvd player, and two headrest monitors that strap on the back. They have their own speakers on the case itself. So does anyone know if I could take it apart, use the bracket thats on the monitors and install on headrests without strapping it? Of course I would buy another dvd player that goes in dash but i would need to wire the monitors up to be with a video rca right?Also Im new to the mobile video, any help would be appreciated. Might sound like a weird idea but hey, just an idea... I dont want the speakers to be in the headrest, just the monitors.

cntrylvr79
05-26-2007, 08:45 PM
Sure it's possible, anything is. It's just a matter of how much work you're willing to go through to do it.

02GalantMrSBF
05-26-2007, 09:34 PM
yeah I know. But just thought someone might have done this. I got this because we were going on a trip and my kid was younger and impatient and I needed it right then and there. But now monitors have gotten cheaper so it wouldnt be to much to just get some, but why not try to use what I got if I can. If I cant fine, but if anyone knows how to then...... help!

ct96mitsug
06-04-2007, 10:14 PM
ive done something like this. i dont know if this is exactly what you mean but what i did was i just to apart the whole monitor, and i fit just the screen itself into a hole i cut out (this was put into a subwoofer box) the screen was 7" so i cut out a hole in the box to match the exact monitor size and fit it in there. the only thing is i had to do alot of custom wireing cause it was all built into one system. it was kinda a pain put it worked. i mean if there cheap monitors go for it (i only paid 40 bucks for mine so what the hell right) my advice is to go to a junkyard and get another headrest from the same car as urs (im guessing an 02 galant) and try it on that one. if u screw up, u wont have to worry about ruining ur headrest.

Jeffylou87
06-10-2007, 09:18 PM
I just bough the headrests with the screens in them already..`