PDA

View Full Version : What type of Radiators are good?

thealliance43
05-28-2007, 02:46 AM
okay i've been having an on-going problem with my radiator cap and rust deposits....my car over heats when on the express way or going fast or for long periods of driving. I changed my temp gauge twice.... flushed my system 2wice... and now i look under my radiator cap and still see rust deposits!!! so i'm convinced its my radiator..... i'm looking to get a new one but am curious if i should go stock or go after market. right now my car has an exhaust, and intake. I just want to stop the over-heating.... nothin is worst then driving with the heat on in 90 degree weather. Any help is greatly apperciated. Thanks guys

DNSerrano
05-28-2007, 03:53 AM
Remember Cali said Evo 8 radiators work on our Gs so maybe you could look for one, or if you are looking into High Performance they have Koyo radiators for Evo 8's

pvu_rida
05-28-2007, 08:49 AM
i'll just go with the plain OEM

Kwikfox
05-28-2007, 01:34 PM
Ya, just go to your nearest NAPA and get one from there. In my opinion they have the best OE replacements. In all honesty, dealerships buy a lot of their stuff from NAPA anyways. :D

4-G-rim
05-28-2007, 01:45 PM
Ya, just go to your nearest NAPA and get one from there. In my opinion they have the best OE replacements. In all honesty, dealerships buy a lot of their stuff from NAPA anyways. :D

+1 on that. Napa has the best OEM replacements...and much cheaper too with a good warranty.

Our dealer buys alot of crap from Napa too..but mostly for the older GM crap.

thealliance43
05-28-2007, 02:30 PM
iight so best bet is going for a OEM radiator?

Stewi
05-28-2007, 03:20 PM
Nobody buys true OEM radiators. A OEM radiator is about $400. You can get a radiator which is an aftermarket replacment, but with OEM fitment and OEM performance but not made by mitsu, typically they are made by Koyo and Denso. I can probably get you one for about $125. I get wholesale pricing on stuff like that because I have a business account with the local parts place. PM me if you want one, I just need the year of your G and if its 2.4 or 3.0. I live in Central Islip, im about 15 mins away from you.