View Full Version : what could it be?

paid4
05-30-2007, 08:02 AM
after driveing the car around, I turn the ac on and a light smoke comes from the vents. It dosent last very long, its kind of hard to notice. but it kind of smells like syrup. any one haav this problem or any advice?

pinoyesv6
05-30-2007, 11:18 AM
to me. burning coolant smells like syrup

paid4
05-30-2007, 11:25 AM
to me. burning coolant smells like syrup
well its more like a "piss" smell..i know what ya mean about coolant and thats not it.

9G
05-30-2007, 11:36 AM
isnt it normal? some science reasoning! Ha!

paid4
05-30-2007, 11:39 AM
isnt it normal? some science reasoning! Ha!
not normal since I bought the car new in 99 and this just started.

pinoyesv6
05-30-2007, 11:40 AM
have u changed your cabin filter? it might not explain the smoke but it might explain the smell.

paid4
05-30-2007, 11:50 AM
have u changed your cabin filter? it might not explain the smoke but it might explain the smell.
i took the filter out to see if that was the cause. it still does it with or with out the cabin filter

Fishboy55
05-30-2007, 03:18 PM
How hot was it in Houston when you noticed this? It's condensation and is caused by the instantly cold air from the A/C hitting the hot air in your interior. You may not have ever noticed it before, but it's relatively normal. It's not smoke, believe me, or it wouldn't dissipate. Since it happens after you drive around, you may want to check and see if your A/C clutch is constantly engaged, causing the compressor to run.

paid4
05-30-2007, 03:30 PM
How hot was it in Houston when you noticed this? It's condensation and is caused by the instantly cold air from the A/C hitting the hot air in your interior. You may not have ever noticed it before, but it's relatively normal. It's not smoke, believe me, or it wouldn't dissipate. Since it happens after you drive around, you may want to check and see if your A/C clutch is constantly engaged, causing the compressor to run.
you might be right dude....it was so hot the devil pulled up next to me

RedGalant2k1
05-30-2007, 07:22 PM
It happens on everycar, some its more noticeable. Nothing to worry about.

paid4
05-30-2007, 09:30 PM
It happens on everycar, some its more noticeable. Nothing to worry about.
just kinda strange..it never hapend before.

outspoken
05-30-2007, 09:52 PM
i know exactly what you are talking about. when it happened to me i took it into the mitsu dealer and they said it was normal. they did a freon leak check just in case and that turned out fine.

i only saw the "mist" twice, reminded me of a humidifier.

paid4
05-31-2007, 07:43 AM
well now i noticed wated dripping from the pass. side under the blower

Fishboy55
06-01-2007, 05:57 AM
well now i noticed wated dripping from the pass. side under the blower

That's because your condensate drain is clogged. That IS a problem. Do a search, several guys here have successfully blown it out themselves. I remember seeing a tutorial with pictures. It's a bitch to get to as I recall.

6G72Galant
06-01-2007, 06:11 AM
Hold on, so its not normal for you car's AC to drip? Mine does this as well after ive used the ACfor awhile and then park my car. I see a small trail of water. :?

paid4
06-01-2007, 07:58 AM
Hold on, so its not normal for you car's AC to drip? Mine does this as well after ive used the ACfor awhile and then park my car. I see a small trail of water. :?
drip under the car is good, mine is dripping inside the car.

pinoyesv6
06-01-2007, 10:40 AM

yea just clear out the drain. clearing out the drain didn't really help me though cuz the drain wasn't clogged at all. the tube was broke and just drained into the car. i ghetto rigged a new tube and things are good to go.

paid4
06-01-2007, 10:45 AM

yea just clear out the drain. clearing out the drain didn't really help me though cuz the drain wasn't clogged at all. the tube was broke and just drained into the car. i ghetto rigged a new tube and things are good to go.
thanks i just need to find the tutorial on this before i rip my dash apart.

paid4
06-07-2007, 03:59 PM
now coolent is leaking inside....wtf..btw a got rid of the clog