PDA

View Full Version : Road Trip!!!!

leicoolya
05-30-2007, 06:06 PM
Well i've finally decided to put a stand alone unit in the galant. Going down to Michigan to get the Haltech system in the car. Going be about a 4 hour drive. I'll have vids when the beast is finished :twisted:
http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/7208/galant020hc2.th.jpg (http://img252.imageshack.us/my.php?image=galant020hc2.jpg)
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/9177/galant021di8.th.jpg (http://img444.imageshack.us/my.php?image=galant021di8.jpg)
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/5223/galant023sd4.th.jpg (http://img338.imageshack.us/my.php?image=galant023sd4.jpg)
so anyone looking for a ecu with tuned Unichip let me know...

Reelax
05-30-2007, 06:29 PM
how much boost u running now?

leicoolya
05-30-2007, 06:32 PM
only 7.....want to run 16-20 psi....not sure if my axles will hold up thou....we'll see :lol:

Reelax
05-30-2007, 06:34 PM
only 7.....want to run 16-20 psi....not sure if my axles will hold up thou....we'll see :lol:

unless u have aftermarket axles (like raxles), i don't think they will... i've broken at least 3 axles and i've never had FI.

leicoolya
05-30-2007, 06:41 PM
is that who makes em for our cars??? I really need to look into getting a pair

RedGalant2k1
05-30-2007, 07:24 PM
What shop in Michigan are you going to?

You can try: www.DriveShaftshop.com

Depending on what part of Michigan your coming too I am sure I can help you find someone who can make stronger axles or get them.

leicoolya
05-30-2007, 07:32 PM
The car is getting done at Turbo Concepts in Pinckney Michigan. I should be there around 10am........

leicoolya
05-30-2007, 07:33 PM

Depending on what part of Michigan your coming too I am sure I can help you find someone who can make stronger axles or get them.

I did see they have some for the eclipse, but don't think they'll work with the galant.....i know there is a guy on club3g thats testing some new axles rated at 800hp, so i might wait untill those are done, they will be around 700 bucks

SkylineG1
05-30-2007, 11:11 PM

I did see they have some for the eclipse, but don't think they'll work with the galant.....i know there is a guy on club3g thats testing some new axles rated at 800hp, so i might wait untill those are done, they will be around 700 bucks

I can't seem to find the thread over there, but the person who is testing the axles lives in NJ and had a hard time over at TC.

leicoolya
05-31-2007, 12:46 AM

I can't seem to find the thread over there, but the person who is testing the axles lives in NJ and had a hard time over at TC.

Well thats not the whole story, I asked Nick at TC about it and he told me that there were alot of little things wrong with that customers car, leaks, etc. that they had to fix in order to get it running right. Even thou when you bring your car in to get tuned there shouldn't be anything wrong with the car. I trust these guys, they know their shit.

SkylineG1
05-31-2007, 06:53 AM

Well thats not the whole story, I asked Nick at TC about it and he told me that there were alot of little things wrong with that customers car, leaks, etc. that they had to fix in order to get it running right. Even thou when you bring your car in to get tuned there shouldn't be anything wrong with the car. I trust these guys, they know their shit.

I figured that the whole story was not told.

boostzealot
06-01-2007, 03:36 AM
man that FMIC is soooo huge. compensating for something :wink: J/K. your car is still so gorgeous. good luck with your tuning session. i cant wait to see the numbers!

leicoolya
06-01-2007, 12:01 PM
man that FMIC is soooo huge. compensating for something :wink: J/K. your car is still so gorgeous. good luck with your tuning session. i cant wait to see the numbers!

if i had to guess i would say around 400hp dynoed....thats just my guess thou :D
I think axles start breaking around 375...so we'll see what happens

boostzealot
06-01-2007, 12:28 PM

if i had to guess i would say around 400hp dynoed....thats just my guess thou :D

man that is awesome to be able to say that about a galant. we are really coming up this year on the power figures. like i said i hope to make 300whp NA this year. good luck man keep us posted.

Mante
06-01-2007, 01:01 PM
it gets my vote for the best looking car on a trailer!

leicoolya
06-01-2007, 01:04 PM
it gets my vote for the best looking car on a trailer!

Thanks Bro :D

Serstylz2
06-02-2007, 04:59 PM
i was about to say... road trip... you actually drive that thing long distances? Then i saw the trailer :lol:

leicoolya
06-04-2007, 01:49 PM
i was about to say... road trip... you actually drive that thing long distances? Then i saw the trailer :lol:

Well I will be driving it back from Michigan once its all done. Talked with shop 2day and shes moving along nicely. No more MAF :D They are taking their time with, I can't wait to get it on the open road!!!!!

n3oAcid24
06-04-2007, 01:52 PM

Well I will be driving it back from Michigan once its all done. Talked with shop 2day and shes moving along nicely. No more MAF :D They are taking their time with, I can't to get it on the open road!!!!!

i need to see this beast seeing that we live in the same city and all. LOL!!!

leicoolya
06-04-2007, 02:03 PM

Well I will be driving it back from Michigan once its all done. Talked with shop 2day and shes moving along nicely. No more MAF :D They are taking their time with, I can't wait to get it on the open road!!!!!

Yea no problem bro, i'll be out alot more this year with her

n3oAcid24
06-04-2007, 02:25 PM

Yea no problem bro, i'll be out alot more this year with her

koo.... either way ill be able to spot you from a distance since i dont see that paint on another 8G.

Stewi
06-04-2007, 07:36 PM

I dont know much about V6 axles, but I know my 4cyl axles took a pretty good beating and they didnt break. I remember those two guys who went 11's on V6 3g's both had stock axles. If you are looking to upgrade I recommend the driveshaft shop, they are fair priced and they really will work with you to make you exactly what you need.

leicoolya
06-07-2007, 07:41 PM
Haltech E11v2 almost all installed and going start tuning in the next few days :twisted: The beast will be up and running soon....vids will be coming

pinoyesv6
06-07-2007, 08:47 PM
can't wait.

4g63lover
06-08-2007, 01:25 AM
sounds awesome!!

what are you going to do about emissions?

I was told that running a standalone wont be compatible to getting tested for emissions.... I want to run the AEM EMS for my race motor...

leicoolya
06-08-2007, 08:42 AM
got to register where they don't do emissions.....

4g63lover
06-08-2007, 02:09 PM

I thought so. Which is what Im doing....

good luck with it man. post up some vids when you get her tuned and running.

leicoolya
06-08-2007, 04:21 PM

for sure, i'll try to get vids from the drive back from michigan

n3oAcid24
06-08-2007, 04:33 PM

forget the vids man...... can i drive it????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

leicoolya
06-08-2007, 05:40 PM

forget the vids man...... can i drive it????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't think you could handle that much power :D

frag_daddy_2007
06-08-2007, 06:38 PM
owned! lol
i can handle the power, drive it down here to pc. fl and give me a try

lonestar22
06-08-2007, 07:52 PM

oklahoma has no emissions.

can u register a vehicle in a state u dont live in?

leicoolya
06-08-2007, 10:26 PM

oklahoma has no emissions.

can u register a vehicle in a state u dont live in?

yea as long as u have a piece of mail that has your name on it, like insurance bill, etc...

leicoolya
06-20-2007, 05:06 PM
well i'm driving down to michigan 2nite and i'll be picking the New beast up 2morrow. That drive back is going be a blast. I'll try and take some vids of me driving back. Many pics to come :twisted:

boostzealot
06-20-2007, 05:35 PM
:twisted: cant wait to see vids of that thing hating the tires! great job again man!

02on19s
06-20-2007, 06:44 PM
hell yea!!..can't wait to see!

Proud Galant Driver
06-20-2007, 06:47 PM
WI has no emissions either. One good thing about this state :roll:

bmxmike
06-24-2007, 11:23 PM
Thats the same thing i think about oklahoma not much to do but hey dont have to worry about those emissions or much any laws concerning cars as long as you arnt putting blue and red lights and flashing lights on your car they could careless here.