PDA

View Full Version : installing jdm front end

dknight3
05-31-2007, 01:09 AM
im going to be installing my jdm front end pretty soon and i was looking everywhere for that picture of what your supposed to cut off your crash bar but i cant find it ANYWHERE. if you could point me in the right direction that would be awesome.

oh yea.. what did you guys use to cut it?
cause for the jdm headlights i was gunna use a jigsaw with metal blade but i dont think itll work on the crash bar.

mrjaydeeone
05-31-2007, 01:23 AM
I dont know where the picture is but pretty much you have to cut it on either side and cut it at an angle. I am guessing it is like 3 or 4 inches. And like I said about the angle from the outer side to the center. So it would be lower on the outer sides and at an angle towards the inner side. I don't know if that made any sense. There is a pic somewhere on this forum of Kalamidad's galant. He has a good pic showing what the crashbar looks like after it is cut

here are soem good pics also
https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewtopic.php?t=55950
scroll down and you will see where it is cut

fatal1
05-31-2007, 01:24 AM
which jdm bumper do you have some require a little more then just trimming, a sawzall with a metal cutting blade works fine...i actually did mine with a circular saw with an old blade and it worked fine also just had to cut from 2 different angles

dknight3
05-31-2007, 01:27 AM
i have the new style one.
alright thanks..

so... i wanna measure 3 inches in, and then draw a line from the outside (3 inches in) to the outer edge of the inside?

damn its really hard to word this... haha ohh well ill just keep cutting it until it fits..

is there anything else involved in changing bumbers or is it pretty much bolt on?

edit:alright i looked at the picture i understand now.

AVERAGE
05-31-2007, 04:06 AM
Im guessing a grinder would be easier to use and would probably give a better cut than the sawzall for something like that.

6G72Galant
05-31-2007, 05:07 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v151/oethero/P7130012.jpg

Heres what you need to cut

unlimited6986
05-31-2007, 08:50 AM
yup thats what i did. my pic works good :)

dknight3
05-31-2007, 04:01 PM
i managed to steal my dads camera for a second and looky what i got in the mail! i'm so excited i get tomorrow off work and hopefully i can get most of it done tomorrow.
http://img382.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bumperyw3.gif

SleekGTZ
05-31-2007, 04:54 PM
Oh yeah!!!

Another member from WA state going JDM! :)

Keep us posted dude!

IceDouTGaLanT
05-31-2007, 05:51 PM
very nice...too many of us on tgc got that front end :cry:

dknight3
05-31-2007, 10:40 PM
yea but there is only a couple in WA, i have never seen a modified galant in person before. i need to drive down to cali so you guys can show me how its done. lol

dknight3
06-01-2007, 04:20 PM
fukin a man... i went to a whole bunch of different places to see how much paint was gunna be and thay all said it would be at least $600.. that is REDICULOUS!!!!! RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRR

im gunna have to wait a while until i install it... looks like i gotta put my old bumper back on...