PDA

View Full Version : Eclipse...For sale....

bmxmike
06-01-2007, 02:14 AM
Ok so usually every friday i go around and get autotraders and things and look through and look at cars and see if theres any good deals or any to fix up and re-sale....Well i was looking in Exotic Car Deals...and saw this....
http://www.thedocsrides.com/ and click on the eclipse.....He's suppose to be selling it for $29,700 obo....Says he's put over 100k of work into the car and that it dynoed at 471hp....
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b73/xbox360ghost/driftevent4.jpg
Would have to get ride of the Mermaid and other graphics on it.

6G72Galant
06-01-2007, 05:48 AM
Looks like a waste of money to me. Ill never spend $30K on a Mitsu. Sorry guys. :lol: Not to mention that tacky lookin mermaid graphic is fuckin ugly! That shit ruins the cars look completely. If i had $30K to burn, id be looking at a Mustang GT, or a used Audi or Lexus or BMW. 8)

zobgel
06-01-2007, 05:52 AM
Looks like a waste of money to me. Ill never spend $30K on a Mitsu. Sorry guys. :lol: Not to mention that tacky lookin mermaid graphic is fuckin ugly! That shit ruins the cars look completely. If i had $30K to burn, id be looking at a Mustang GT, or a used Audi or Lexus or BMW. 8)

x2 :( :( :(

for 30k i can get a EVO without the mermaid :lol:

Bezzle
06-01-2007, 09:45 AM
you gotta admit tho...

mermaids got ass. :shock:

GOOSEY2099
06-01-2007, 10:14 AM
I remember this car from a while back, he does have a shit load of things done to it

Diamndsr4eva
06-01-2007, 10:39 AM
that's a waste of money and the owners a dumbass. He's invested 100k but wants to sell it for 30k? thats backward. :smt102

Rqoz31
06-01-2007, 11:57 AM
That's a nice ....... a ....s......s on the door.

Reelax
06-01-2007, 01:26 PM
that's a waste of money and the owners a dumbass. He's invested 100k but wants to sell it for 30k? thats backward. :smt102

that's the way it is... i've put in around $25K+ on top of the new car purchase price on my car and probably could not sell it complete for more than $5000.00. tuning cars is not an investment, it's a hobby, ur kidding yourself to think you can actually make money or even break even on it unless you are dealing in classics or rare sought after cars.

Predat-R
06-01-2007, 01:48 PM
you gotta admit tho...

mermaids got ass. :shock: true that but the rest of the car is ass too.I'd rather get a bmw and supercharge that bitch.

dknight3
06-01-2007, 02:06 PM
yes, but that would make you a mustang driver. do you really wanna be a mustang driver? didn't think so...

IceDouTGaLanT
06-01-2007, 02:21 PM
^ x2

SinSere
06-01-2007, 02:31 PM
For putting that much money into it, sure is FUGLY! that Mermaid looks like a 5th grader painted it and don't even get me started on those rims!

but yeah, you never make money on a car unless you pick it up for cheap and flip it quick for a small profit. I got a Jag a few months ago to flip. I've invested about 2k into it and might just keep it now:)

rollingwithdubz
06-01-2007, 03:43 PM
You know... there should be some kind of organization that reclaims all that wasted money that clowns like this spend on their cars, and give that money to people who know what they're doing. Its only right. 100K is atleast 10 more people here with evo engine swaps, thats a lot more practical than one ugly ass eclipse.

Stolyn
06-02-2007, 07:59 PM
You know... there should be some kind of organization that reclaims all that wasted money that clowns like this spend on their cars, and give that money to people who know what they're doing. Its only right. 100K is atleast 10 more people here with evo engine swaps, thats a lot more practical than one ugly ass eclipse.

Im with you on that one. Yesterday before i flushed it looked better than that paint job. LOL

Kwikfox
06-02-2007, 09:56 PM
Heh, as an Eclipse owner, that kind of insults me (j/k) haha. Damn, I wouldnt do any of that crap to my ride. But Reelax is right, tuning cars is more a hobby than anything else. From what I have seen so far, keeping a car stock, clean, and in as close to mint condition as possible up to/past classic staus you will get more money than if you tuned/"riced" it and let it achieve classic car status. I mean of course it is not like that on ALL cars, their are a few exceptions I am sure, but generally it is best to keep your car as close to stock, and in as mint condition as possible if you want to achieve any return way farther down the road. I have seen far worse than that, but its definatly not my taste, nor many elses here. Well, whatever floats your boat I guess...

As for the Mustang GT, I bought one for my mom and I drove it... In my opinion its not as good as people think it is. The handling is crap, you can feel the weight of the car in the handling... acceleration isnt all that great either. Good thing I wasnt expecting too much from that car. The Mustang GT is not a comfortable ride, and I was expecting the car to lose all handling at any time...

bmxmike
06-03-2007, 09:47 PM
X2 on the whole investment. Only way you can hope to make some money is find some rich kid with alot of money that wants to try and impress his friends. Ya i bought this car for me i also own a 69 Mustang and a 71 Camaro that im restoring and i dont think i cant part with the 69 though the 9 miles per gallon kills my pocket!

Jasmine
06-04-2007, 05:34 PM
I'd actually like it if it had different wheels, and didn't have that mermaid on it. Wouldn't pay that much for it though.

rollingwithdubz
06-05-2007, 07:22 PM
Heh, as an Eclipse owner, that kind of insults me (j/k) haha. Damn, I wouldnt do any of that crap to my ride. But Reelax is right, tuning cars is more a hobby than anything else. From what I have seen so far, keeping a car stock, clean, and in as close to mint condition as possible up to/past classic staus you will get more money than if you tuned/"riced" it and let it achieve classic car status. I mean of course it is not like that on ALL cars, their are a few exceptions I am sure, but generally it is best to keep your car as close to stock, and in as mint condition as possible if you want to achieve any return way farther down the road. I have seen far worse than that, but its definatly not my taste, nor many elses here. Well, whatever floats your boat I guess...

Well I have absolutely nothing against eclipses, and I'd love to own one.... my problem with that car is how the mediocre end result ended up costing 100k... thats where the waste in money thing is derived. Im all about dumping money on my car, and every spare penny I have goes right to her. Iv seen sooooooo many eclipses done up in so many different styles for a HELL of a lot less money than that, that look a lot better. So Im just mad at that owner for dropping 100k and not really stepping out on the limb to do anything worthwhile with it. Im sure if any of us here had the same budget to work with we'd have something more worth while to look at n drive than the car up there