PDA

View Full Version : Electronic Genuises please respond!!S.O.S.

macknati
06-05-2007, 08:48 PM
I just purchased a in dash tv/dvd/cd/am,fm stereo. Does anyone know how to bypass the feature where you have to put your parking brake up in order to watch the TV?? SOS

qnz
06-05-2007, 08:52 PM
different units have different bypasses. google is your friend

Stewi
06-05-2007, 09:10 PM

x2

Most however use the ground signal from the E-brake indicator lamp to allow the TV to turn on, or at least, my Alpine and Pioneer was like that. To make it happen, just ground the wire from the TV that goes to the e-brake. If you really lazy like me, trust me I did this once, wire it to the e-brake wiring like your supposed to, take off your center console and look at where the cable connectors to the e-brake handle, loosen it just a little, so that when your e-brake is up just one click, the light on the dash comes on, but the e-brake doesnt actually engage. I had to do that to get out of a ticket for driving around with the TV on, I just showed the cop that it went off when the e-brake was down and he let me go.

macknati
06-05-2007, 09:24 PM

x2

Most however use the ground signal from the E-brake indicator lamp to allow the TV to turn on, or at least, my Alpine and Pioneer was like that. To make it happen, just ground the wire from the TV that goes to the e-brake. If you really lazy like me, trust me I did this once, wire it to the e-brake wiring like your supposed to, take off your center console and look at where the cable connectors to the e-brake handle, loosen it just a little, so that when your e-brake is up just one click, the light on the dash comes on, but the e-brake doesnt actually engage. I had to do that to get out of a ticket for driving around with the TV on, I just showed the cop that it went off when the e-brake was down and he let me go.

LOL Now thats a classic. If I cant find a better way, Im doing this one fa sho.