PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions on a cheap amp and sub?

Gladiator
06-08-2007, 11:36 AM
I wana get an amp and sub, but something small (similar to where the new Lancer places their amp). I use my ride as a daily driver so I can't fill the entire trunk space with speakers.

Any suggestions on what I should get? I think just one sub is enough on the left corner of the car.

CHICAGO_ONE
06-08-2007, 11:59 AM
Infiniti Basslink Powered Sub. (looks like i'm always recommending Infiniti these days LoL)

It's a good deal and space saver. Powered sub= amp, 10" sub, box built into one. It'll take up one corner of the trunk, if that (not big at all). Has a remote you can have near your drivers seat to adjust the gain. Can kick if you need it to, but still sounds clean.

Retails for about $300.

Kwikfox
06-08-2007, 11:59 AM
Well do you want it to sound good and last a long time, or do you want something that will last you MAYBE a couple months...? Also define cheap...

Kwikfox
06-08-2007, 12:01 PM
Infiniti Basslink Powered Sub. (looks like i'm always recommending Infiniti these days LoL)

It's a good deal and space saver. Powered sub= amp, 10" sub, box built into one. It'll take up one corner of the trunk, if that (not big at all). Has a remote you can have near your drivers seat to adjust the gain. Can kick if you need it to, but still sounds clean.

Retails for about $300.

A good space saver, and good sound would be to go with eight inch tube woofers. OR go with three way speakers, that would be the most space efficient.

RedGalant2k1
06-08-2007, 01:51 PM
Cheap? Used.

ct96mitsug
06-08-2007, 04:02 PM
caraudiodeals.com they got really cheap stuff. good luck

kungfuwaffles
06-08-2007, 04:41 PM
lol i was about to say buy mine....but...they will take up alot of space...subs and amp with box..i maybe selling for #300 sll memphis audio..last ya while..check um out in members rides under general pics of g ride...but ..if u buy some..kicker lasts a while..one solar l7 10 will sound nice..and not take up much room

Jasmine
06-09-2007, 03:24 PM
Always keep your eye open. I brought my amp brand new for NZ$150 (mate's rates ;)) and my sub was second hand with box for NZ$70 and goes really hard, I love it.

Gladiator
06-10-2007, 07:32 PM
used is probably a good bet for me, but I have to factor in installation charges.

I'm not looking to bump music to my entire neighborhood. Just a little extra bass to sound good. I already have after market speakers stated in my sig so an amp and woofers should help.

Jeffylou87
06-10-2007, 09:14 PM
Just remember that you get what you pay for when it comes to audio equipment...

bmxmike
06-11-2007, 10:48 AM
I know alot of people might not agree with this....But you can get a Plye pretty cheap....Yes i have used these and the actually do work good! Just dont buy EBAY!!! those ones are as good and the online stored that sell them will give you a return period. I have used 3 10's 4 12's and 3 15's and they all are in the same vehicles they are installed in and all have been working for a year and still going strong....And another thing about them there only about $50 for a 15 so if u do blow it but turning up the gain or volume to high then its not as big of a loss as it would be with something like a Rockford 15 which costs upper $300 range.

Prophet
06-12-2007, 02:59 AM
www.elementaldesigns.com