PDA

View Full Version : Anyone install leather after the fact???

va3djl
12-07-2002, 12:27 PM
I am interested in installing leather in my 01' ES. There was a guy at my local dealership who said that he knows of a company who does it. They remove the cloth and install the leather. Anyone done this before? Happy with the results? :?: :?:

Galant_01
12-07-2002, 01:47 PM
A couple of people on this board have them from some company called? Like Kat Skins? Something like that.

then you can go to a auto shop and get it installed. They have a list of local installers on the website.

LantBoy
12-07-2002, 03:53 PM
My I-4 ES came with stock cloth. I got my leather kit on ebay for $450. Then I got it installed (including door jams) for $400. I heard the seats are easy to do and you can do them yourself but I didnt bother messin with it, so I just took it to a proffesional. He did a real nice job. I love the look and feel of it and so do the ladies https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif.

Jimbo
12-08-2002, 11:20 AM
I have a 01 es and i've been looking into getting leather seats for a long time. I know of a lot of people who want them, maybe we should set up a group buy. Would anyone else be interested in this?

mochanges
12-08-2002, 12:09 PM
We did two groupbuys through leatherseats.com, they sell katzkin kits. I installed mine myself, except for the door panels, and they are really nice.

-Mohammad