PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer Car AVH-P5700DVD In-Dash Car DVD Player

consuming
06-13-2007, 09:09 PM
anyone tried one of these before? I just got one from a car at work and am curious how good it is before I set it up. can't be free though eh? 8)

cntrylvr79
06-13-2007, 09:13 PM
Good unit. Easy to use. Picture quality is not to shabby either.

nycking23
06-13-2007, 09:20 PM
i have that unit in my car. i like it a lot. i just wish i had navigation

fatal1
06-13-2007, 10:17 PM
i have that unit in my car. i like it a lot. i just wish i had navigation\

you can add nav like the avic 80 88 90 etcor something like that to it but it is a little pricey...check ebay maybee you can find a deal

its a quality player but pretty basic pioneer you have to buy all the addons

mrjaydeeone
06-13-2007, 10:41 PM
or Matt you can sell what you got and buy the one that Viraj is now selling
https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewtopic.php?t=57195

fatal1
06-13-2007, 10:57 PM
or Matt you can sell what you got and buy the one that Viraj is now selling
https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewtopic.php?t=57195

not a bad deal at all, only downside is the gyro which doesnt allow you to watch videos or anything once you start moving, if your into that type of thing

redgalant1
06-13-2007, 11:08 PM
just by pass the switch i got two in boh are by paessed

Jeffylou87
06-13-2007, 11:11 PM
What he said ^.. Installing a bypass switch is the answer... Easiest thing I ever got around...

fatal1
06-14-2007, 12:08 AM
What he said ^.. Installing a bypass switch is the answer... Easiest thing I ever got around...

the avic series cannot be bypassed other then the avic n1 as long as the software isnt upgraded...it has a built in gyroscope which disables video if you go over like 5 mph even if you had the parking brake engaged or the wire grounded off or a bypass switch hooked up

the only way to get the avic to play dvds while moving is to open up the case and solder some stuff which is somewhat risky and if it even works will void the warranty or the backup camera mod

unfortunatelly its not as easy as installing a switch

Proud Galant Driver
06-14-2007, 09:14 AM
Yeah, those screens are nice but carpc is deff the way to go 8)

qnz
06-14-2007, 09:30 AM

the avic series cannot be bypassed other then the avic n1 as long as the software isnt upgraded...it has a built in gyroscope which disables video if you go over like 5 mph even if you had the parking brake engaged or the wire grounded off or a bypass switch hooked up

the only way to get the avic to play dvds while moving is to open up the case and solder some stuff which is somewhat risky and if it even works will void the warranty or the backup camera mod

countrylover79 would disagree with you on that one. check out avic411.com. afik, all the avics can be bypassed (and not by using a stupid switch either), except for the avic z2. a bypass hasnt been found for that yet.

consuming
06-14-2007, 09:51 AM
yeah, i'm prolly gunna do a car pc with this, I've got an decent extra pc laying in parts in my room that is just taking up space

Proud Galant Driver
06-14-2007, 04:46 PM
yeah, i'm prolly gunna do a car pc with this, I've got an decent extra pc laying in parts in my room that is just taking up space

Well, unless the screen has VGA support its not gonna look that great. I tried hooking a normal screen up to a comp and it was extremely hard to read. I don't think road runner was too bad but if I remember it was a bit fuzzy. Videos looked fine though. That's why I scrapped that idea and just bought a 7" Liliput touchscreen which is VGA and it looks great.

But if you got it for free, I'd use it for awhile and have some fun with it 8)

Or sell it when it comes time to do your carpc and buy a nice Xenarc touchscreen or something :D

cntrylvr79
06-14-2007, 08:37 PM

countrylover79 would disagree with you on that one. check out avic411.com. afik, all the avics can be bypassed (and not by using a stupid switch either), except for the avic z2. a bypass hasnt been found for that yet.

Yeah lets see.
n1 with 40 series mapset - ground parking brake wire.
n1 with newer mapset - open head unit up and solder 2 traces, ground parking brake wire
n2 - flip head unit over remove silver sticker solder 2 r197 exposed points, ground parking brake
n2 referb - open up headunit and solder r197 points on other side of board
n3 - flip head unit over remove sticker and slide switch, ground parking brake wire.

All of the n series avics can be bypassed, as well as the d series. As stated the Z2 is currently the only avic without a bypass.

I don't know much, but I do know avics.

nycking23
06-14-2007, 11:30 PM
i want to buy that one so badly but i just dont have the money for it right now. the only way i could possibly do it is in about 2 weeks and i would need to sell my current one first to get enough money. but at that great of a price i know it wont last that long