PDA

View Full Version : New brakes squeeeeal

Gladiator
06-18-2007, 08:29 AM
Just put on my new powerslots and axxis ultimates and they squeal pretty badly whenever I brake. I broke in properly and have around 120 miles on it so far.

I had the synthetic lube smeared over the pad and shims. I don't think there should be any anti-squeal on the part where the shims connect to the piston right?

thx

Insane99
06-18-2007, 06:55 PM
Yes, you should put the anti-squeal there. Thats where the squeal is coming from usually.

pinoyesv6
06-18-2007, 07:07 PM
did u change the brakes in all 4 corners?

i mean if you changed the front brakes and the rear brakes are squeeling, you can change the front brakes every day and properly break them in but the rear brakes will still squeel if you don't touch them.

Gladiator
06-18-2007, 08:27 PM
oh. no the rears are still stock OEM but I know the noise are coming from the front because I hear it. and also there was no noise before I did the brake change.

bronxbombr
06-18-2007, 09:10 PM
Yes, you should put the anti-squeal there. Thats where the squeal is coming from usually.

when you installed the brakes did you put in a shim or anti squeal?

Gladiator
06-18-2007, 10:17 PM

when you installed the brakes did you put in a shim or anti squeal?

ya, its like this

http://www.galantforums.com/images/tutorials/8g/diy_mitsubishi_galant_brake020.JPG

then I put the shim on, but seems like I missed the part where I should of lubed up the area where the piston touches the shim

SkylineG1
06-19-2007, 07:12 AM
Didn't your shims comes with adhesive to stick them on the pads? If so you didn't need to put the anti-squel on the pad before the shims, but on the back of them after you put them on the pads.

bronxbombr
06-19-2007, 01:22 PM
Didn't your shims comwith adhesive to tick them on the pads? If so you didn't need to put the anti-squel on the pad before the shims, but on the back of them after you put them on the pads.

I was about to ask the same thing.