PDA

View Full Version : REAL dynomat

lonestar22
06-19-2007, 11:57 AM
who has their car dynomatted and can vouch for its ability to keep trunk rattle down?
ghetto mat as proved to fail for my sound system and i really need something that will keep my trunk from rattling. my license plate no longer rattles, the only thing that does is the trim piece above it. help thanks

aznlverboy
06-19-2007, 12:25 PM
no matter how much u dynomat ur car, as loud as u crank up ur system, something is bound to rattle still....i did my whole trunk and it still rattles

n3oAcid24
06-19-2007, 12:27 PM
who has their car dynomatted and can vouch for its ability to keep trunk rattle down?
ghetto mat as proved to fail for my sound system and i really need something that will keep my trunk from rattling. my license plate no longer rattles, the only thing that does is the trim piece above it. help thanks

i think Chicago_One on here has his trunk dymomatted and the trim piece still rattles. it cant be stopped.

Jeffylou87
06-19-2007, 02:55 PM
I have it done and it is worth it.. I didn't do the inside of the deck lid though.. I still have to do that..

RedGalant2k1
06-19-2007, 06:23 PM
If you do a quality job you won't have issues. If you want to stop panels from rattling try using insulation foam....you know the yellowish home insulation that expands as it hardens?

cntrylvr79
06-19-2007, 07:20 PM
dynAmat does work, with one caveat, it's got to be put on right.

Prophet
06-19-2007, 08:34 PM
:D

http://www.galantforums.com/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/10002/normal_006%20%281%29.JPG

http://www.galantforums.com/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/10002/normal_006.JPG

IceDouTGaLanT
06-19-2007, 08:47 PM
i have it all in my trunk/ door panels makes a huge improvement

lonestar22
06-19-2007, 10:32 PM
doesnt it weigh down your car alot? one thing i dont need

Prophet
06-19-2007, 11:00 PM
doesnt it weigh down your car alot? one thing i dont need

lol then why are you wanting to dynomat your ride? Any sound system is going to start weighing your car down....

lonestar22
06-19-2007, 11:10 PM
idk i dont want the vibration anymore, and i know it will be insane when the system im getting gets in there

either way im gnona have to get it dynomatted or fill the trim thing with that foam somehow

dronesurfboards
06-20-2007, 02:21 AM
Its gonna be hard to get rid of the rattle. I put dynamat extreme on the trunk lid, license plate and inside the trunk where the license plate bulb is. rattle is minimal but that spot where the license plate bulb and the wiring is hard to apply a good amount of dynamat there. thats the spot where the rattle is hardest to remove. They have the spray on dynamat but i have no idea if thats any good.

6G72Galant
06-20-2007, 06:43 AM
If you do a quality job you won't have issues. If you want to stop panels from rattling try using insulation foam....you know the yellowish home insulation that expands as it hardens?

I wouldnt use Great Stuff on my car! :lol: That shit is a bitch to remove. Not to mention the yellow dust it produces once it dries. :lol: But then again, im no car expert. Maybe someone has tried this method before. And if they were successful, more power to them. 8)

quicksilver22
06-20-2007, 08:49 AM

I wouldnt use Great Stuff on my car! :lol: That shit is a bitch to remove. Not to mention the yellow dust it produces once it dries. :lol: But then again, im no car expert. Maybe someone has tried this method before. And if they were successful, more power to them. 8)

Great Stuff is flammable as well...

RedGalant2k1
06-20-2007, 10:31 AM

Great Stuff is flammable as well...

There is stuff that isn't. Just go to home depot or lowes and ask them.

pinoyesv6
06-21-2007, 10:57 AM
i agree. insulating foam is excellent for those crevices that you can't get your typical insulating mats into.

G_RIDE
04-22-2009, 11:41 PM
I didnt wanna start a whole new thread so i thought i would post on this one.

Well my awesome g/f of 6 yrs gave me an early anniversary present today. She bought me the dynamat trunk kit. Ive been reading your guys opinions on the material and ive decided to stick with it and give it a try. I was wondering if anyone has any pics of their install or where the key places would be to install it. My main focus right now is the trunk lid and rear deck. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

01blackG
04-24-2009, 01:11 PM
Be very careful using the foam stuff. Being that the back trim piece is plastic you could break or crack it while the foam expains and hardens. I would actually take it off the car first and see where the rattle is coming from.
Examples, plastic on plastic, a wire maybe hitting something, or just the trim piece being installed maybe causing a rattle against the trunk lid. If it is the trim against the trunk lid I would reccomend using a thin piece of rubber in between the lid and the trim. Kind of like the door handles have between the plastic handle and the metal door panel.