PDA

View Full Version : Need some wire help

RyzNatch
08-14-2002, 01:06 PM
I just got 2 pairs of those light screws and i wanna hook the back ones up to my brake lights so they luminate everytime i brake. i looked at the where the break lights were wired and there was 4 wires going into a plug that went into the lights. the 4 wires were black, red w/ blue stripe, green, and green w/ white stripe. i didnt wanna guess which wires to cut so if anyone knows can u gimme some aid.

pinoyesv6
08-14-2002, 01:18 PM
if you want to make it an esier install, try either the spoiler brake light (if you have a spoiler w/light) or the 3rd brake light. there are only two wires for them, and its closer to the trunk lid

IllestGalant
12-05-2002, 08:12 AM
The green is the power and the green with the white stripe is ground.
If you want it to be more simple, pretend the green is the red and the green and white is black. now just take wire cutters and strip a little insulation off the wires where ever you want, just be sure not to cut the wire, and tap your wires into the green and green with white, solder them or tape them up real good and your done. I don't think you'll have a problem but need be you could always put a bigger fuse in but you
should be fine.