PDA

View Full Version : more problems with jdm grille

dknight3
06-27-2007, 01:55 AM
alright.. so i finally got my stuff back from paint and got the bumper on and i set the headlights in place and the grille and the grille is to short (horizontally) by about an inch. do you guys with jdm front ends have any gaps on yours?

njjfudge
06-27-2007, 02:34 AM
You must have USDM head lights. JDM headsights are longer, horizontally, than US headlights. You need JDM heads to close the gaps.

dknight3
06-27-2007, 02:53 AM
no i have jdm headlights. but like. where grille is supposed to clip in the headlights doesnt line up, the grille is to short.

Ed
06-27-2007, 03:52 AM
post pics for better help :!: ......

Sillyasianz
06-27-2007, 03:59 AM
close your hood. look if the headlamps are flush to the hood or stick out. they should be flush or even a little in. then make sure the grill does the same. there will be a gap still. not much, but there is. nothing just clips up. you need to modify the grill and/or the holes on the radiator support to have the grill clip....

VegasMatt
06-27-2007, 05:59 AM
Did you cut into your radiator support to make the lights fit, if not that could be where your problem is and why the grill is not lining up. I believe there could be a tutorial on the site which explains what is needed to put in the heads.

GOOSEY2099
06-27-2007, 07:34 AM
close your hood. look if the headlamps are flush to the hood or stick out. they should be flush or even a little in. then make sure the grill does the same. there will be a gap still. not much, but there is. nothing just clips up. you need to modify the grill and/or the holes on the radiator support to have the grill clip....

There should be no gaps anywhere, just make sure everything is alligned.

dknight3
06-27-2007, 12:10 PM
alright im going to try again.

njjfudge
06-27-2007, 12:20 PM
Here here
https://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36351

Reelax
06-27-2007, 12:24 PM
keep cutting to get them flush then they will line up.

SleekGTZ
06-27-2007, 12:38 PM

Plus be careful not to cut through your radiator! :)

-

9G
06-27-2007, 12:50 PM

-

lol.

6G72Galant
06-27-2007, 08:02 PM
Pics! Pics! Pics! Pics!

dknight3
06-27-2007, 11:29 PM

-

lol.
i hit it a couple times lol. uhh i got it kinda but i had to cut out the rectangles in the headlights so they only have 3 sides like relaxx did. im gunna finish up tomorrow after work, hopefully.

but now i have another question.
what the hell is the third wire that goes to the blinker on the jdm headlights?
which two are positive and ground?

njjfudge
06-28-2007, 12:32 AM
JDM corner lights are just blinkers not driving lights. You stock corner harnest will fit into you JDM head corner, not cuting.

dknight3
06-28-2007, 01:10 AM
i tried and it didnt fit, maybe i wasn't pushing hard enough, thanks for the help.

dknight3
06-28-2007, 01:26 AM
ohhhhhhhhhhhh
does that mean i should rewire that third one to the running light on the jdm headlight?
cause i know the jdm ones actually have running lights but i was just gunna leave them unplugged that would be cool if i could get them to work tho.

Reelax
06-29-2007, 07:23 PM
don't use the corner harness form the JDM headlights, just use the USDM sockets and harness (1157 dual filament bulb). they fit... you might need to trim one of the tabs on the bulb holder, but they shouild just push in and twist like USDM stock... no rewire for the corners at all!

dknight3
06-29-2007, 07:41 PM
don't use the corner harness form the JDM headlights, just use the USDM sockets and harness (1157 dual filament bulb). they fit... you might need to trim one of the tabs on the bulb holder, but they shouild just push in and twist like USDM stock... no rewire for the corners at all!
i already cut them off

Reelax
06-29-2007, 08:30 PM
i already cut them off

you mean the tabs or the harnesses? if the harnesses, just wire them back like stock. you want to keep your USDM cornerlights... WAY simpler.

dknight3
06-30-2007, 12:08 AM
i already cut them off

you mean the tabs or the harnesses? if the harnesses, just wire them back like stock. you want to keep your USDM cornerlights... WAY simpler.
simpler, yes, better, no.
im still trying to figure out what that damn third wire is.

dknight3
06-30-2007, 12:09 AM
nvm im gunna do it your way. lol