PDA

View Full Version : I Need a Suggestion

HaterzEraser
12-08-2002, 07:02 PM
Hello All,

On Friday I painted my interior pieces and was jamming out while I did so. I did not start my car after that. I was cruising around and my light became dim as hell and then my guages stopped moving. I stopped at a gas-station and my battery was dead.

I got home the next day and charged the shit out of my battery to 100%. I went to the mall and I was cruising the parking lot and I stopped and my car just died.

The starter turns and nothing after that. I had the ride towed to my house because the dealership service is closed on Saturdays. I was thinking something may be wrong with the: Injectors, Fuel Pump, or Alternator.

I was thinking about taking my car to the dealer on Monday but if it is the alternator will they shit about me voiding my battery due to the fact that I have the amp power wire running to the car battery ?

Any inputs would greatly appreciate.

pinoyesv6
12-08-2002, 07:20 PM
i'd get the battery checked out. charging won't do any good if one of the cells are damaged or something

HaterzEraser
12-08-2002, 08:54 PM
Battery is an Optima Gel-Cell Red Top.
Had it checked at AutoZone and it works fine.

When it was checked guy mentioned to be that voltage was down. In the overall car when 2,000 RPM is maintained.

bongi
12-08-2002, 10:57 PM
check the alternator, it is fried. take out your amps wiring and bring it to the dealer if it is still on warranty. your battery is ok, but the alternator is not pumping juice that is why it is dead.

HaterzEraser
12-09-2002, 05:11 PM
Verdict is in.

I blew one of the main fuses for the car. It is one of those big beefy looking fuses that go in the fuse box under-neath your hood.

Fixed for free because they can justify if I caused the pop or if it just happened.

All hail Mitsubishi Warranty and the Free Towing.

Thanks All