PDA

View Full Version : Shocks? Struts?

aaron65
12-09-2002, 04:48 PM
Ok so im at the garage to get my tires balanced and rotated, and the guy tells me he cant do it because the back tires are worse than the front! Im like what the hell! Ive never even had the backs on the front and there worse than the front tires how is that possible? The guy then tells me that im rubbing because my struts have gone bad. So now I have to get this fixed b4 i sell the car. I need to know what Shocks/struts or whatever goes on the back of a 7g galant, and where I can get some for real cheap.

thanks

Jesse
12-09-2002, 05:00 PM
go to a local parts store, they'll be the cheapest, or an online OEM company. THere's lots of places that sell OEM car parts for cheap. Just surf the net.

aaron65
12-09-2002, 10:55 PM
Well I did go to the parts store and they told me they had to the dealer and get them and that would cost alot. A site for oem parts would be great.

thx

pinoyesv6
12-09-2002, 10:57 PM
how long til u sell that car? if its not that long, fuck new parts lol just swap em from a good pair at the junk yard hahahaha

nme7
12-10-2002, 01:57 PM
Just had KYB GR-2 shocks/struts installed yesterday because my oem ones were going way bad. Anyhow, bought them on tirerack.com and they weren't too expensive. But my old struts were screwing up my rear tires really bad. Inner tread was being worn away alot faster than the middle or outer tread. Had to get new tires too. Anyhow, now my ride is a whole lot nicer. I still have to wait for the struts to settle down a bit, but it's so much better than before. If you do get new struts, just get the strut itself, you won't need any of the strut mount or rubber boot crap. I bought all that stuff and the mechanic was like "Why did you buy this for?" I figure I'll sell it on eBay now.