PDA

View Full Version : OEM fog lights

mitsufan
07-11-2007, 05:39 PM
I wish to add OEM fog lights to my car. Behind the punchout in the dash for the Fog light switch there is a connector for the switch. Now with that said, i opened my relay/fuse box under the hood and there is no wires going to the place for the fog light fuse and the fog light relay and ALSO no wiring harness to the fog lights. Now my question is.........are the the fog light wires that would go to the underhood fuse box taped up or what?I have searched but cannot find the rest of the harness.....i can only find the fog light switch connector but can find where it goes. I have aftermarket lights but i want stock because i personally like the flush stock look. Also, are our cars pre-wired for power mirrors and a sunroof? Im thinking of some cheap projects: im trying to go for looks rather than speed.

Chris

mitsueclipse2019
07-11-2007, 06:01 PM
yes there should be a wire rolled up in tape for the mirrors some where between where the door meets the car

shovelman
07-11-2007, 08:34 PM
i have a 7g with stock power mirrors.

mitsueclipse2019
07-11-2007, 08:47 PM
i have a 7g with stock power mirrors.me and mitsufan have manual mirrors and no stock fogs

laxinwarrior
07-11-2007, 09:09 PM
i have a 7g with stock power mirrors.me and mitsufan have manual mirrors and no stock fogs

x2 on the mirrors and fogs. would be nice to have them. let me know how things go.

QnzMostWanted
07-11-2007, 09:20 PM
ok here is what i did to wire up my fogs with aftermarket wiring, and stock fogs

u basically run it like u would any other fog light system

relay

30 - to battery
87 - to both fogs
86 - to park lights
85 - ground

the fogs themselves get sourced from the 87 off hte relay and individual grounds on the body of the car

turn on ur park lights, fogs turn on, however u cant turn them off unless u put a switch to break the 87 wire

i'll make a diagram later if it doesnt make sense

mitsufan
07-14-2007, 07:38 PM
Okay yea i understand the relay stuff. I found a couple of empty connectors under the dash on the kick panels so ill test conituity between the fog switch and the connector just to be sure that thats where i can run a harness from. What im gonna do is add a wire to the stock fog light switch and make my own harness into the relay/fuse box and then to the lights......i love electrical work i just wanted it to look mostly stock :) Thanks for the help everyone

QnzMostWanted
07-14-2007, 08:01 PM
u can wire in the relay into the stock box, that what i did when i did mine