PDA

View Full Version : 96 S to GS Quest? (hehe it ryhmes)

evil-G-nius
12-10-2002, 01:05 AM
I was wondering, and I do not remember if it was mentioned before. But if I could find a GS engine and ecu in good condition with reasonable milage, would it be possible or feasable to:

A. put lower compression pistons and then turbo the engine

B. Use the S tranny (mine is upgraded not stock 100%)

C. Leave it natural and get high horsepower out the engine

I was just thinking about it and thinking it would probably be easier to find the engine and do that swap then fitting a 1g or 2g eclipse head and manifolds and shit like that. Any Ideas fellas? or ladies?(sorry didnt mean to leave yall out)

seth98esT
12-10-2002, 01:15 AM
id go with A cause thats what i am going to do

95G-Hustler
12-10-2002, 10:22 AM
GS was rare, it would be easier to do the head swap with teh manifolds, cheaper too

evil-G-nius
12-10-2002, 07:46 PM
Actually I am thinking along the same lines as Seth. I am not quite sure that the price difference will be all that much. I do admit that it might be a little harder to find a GS engine than an eclipse head but...I am willing to try

Jesse
12-13-2002, 02:34 PM
What's the point of getting a GS engine and doing the 4g63 dohc head swap when it's pretty much the same thing as having the dohc GS, then u wouldn't need a head swap.

I'd just use your block. Go and buy a 1g head and get it ported. Or learn how to do it yourself and take u'r time, u have all winter.

nitegsrider
12-21-2002, 12:53 PM
I HAVE A GS :twisted: HAHA

evil-G-nius
12-21-2002, 11:25 PM
I wasnt saying do a head swap on the gs engine, that is pointless. I was saying have a gs engine and either add a turbo or up the hp some other way. no matter now, my engine is fucked! i need a new one and my fam is gonna pay for it so I have to be sensible. gotta find another 4g64 with decent mileage.