PDA

View Full Version : Staggered

wwangster86
08-14-2002, 03:11 PM
Has anybody tried to stagger their wheels? What sizes and how did it go?
Thanks!

bboyck
08-14-2002, 03:43 PM
Might as well define "stagger your wheels" if you're responding to this post? Please?
https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

Tazz2000
08-14-2002, 03:54 PM
Yeah, I have never heard of this either... :allen:

pinoyesv6
08-14-2002, 04:19 PM
by stagger did u mean rotate my wheels?i rotate mine all the time, like once a month...but thats just because u got all the tools to do so.

or you might mean the tire size, like put a bigger wheel or tire on the back. i was thinking about doing that on my car, put bigger wheels in the back, like bigger sidewalls for that hot rod look but yea, im cheap and yea that would mean my front tires won't last as long since they stay only in the front

Tiller
08-15-2002, 02:08 AM
he means like putting an 18x7.5 on front and an 18x8 or 8.5 on the rear to fit a wider tire...

your car is FWD, and staggering the wheel sizes makes NO sense... so don't waste the time trying to find out what's going to work...

UNLESS you plan to do some extensive chassis work to fit an 8.5" wheel on the rear... then you could run a 245 in rear, and a 225 up front...

Reelax
08-15-2002, 02:17 AM
staggered width would make sense on our cars only if you went wider in the FRONT since those are the drive wheels and need more contact patch to keep traction uner extreme conditions. making the rear wider on a front wheel drive car would b strictly for looks and would entail either very narrow fronts or flared rear quarters.

burthold
08-15-2002, 11:21 AM
Exactly. Saved me the extra typing. Back in the old days we use to tub out the rear end to put bigger street slicks on our old cars. Some days I really miss my 72' Nova.

Wes