PDA

View Full Version : COMPUTER DIAGNOSIS DTC MIL

madmike90
07-18-2007, 06:07 PM
i have a 1994 Galant (Manual) there are problems with the motor just losing all power and shutting down while im driving... i've replaced the computer and the sparkplug/sparkplug wires, still has the same problem.
so, i read the manual and figured out that i had to ground the front left pin of the diagnostic connector, however, the manual says that the check engine light, after 3 seconds, will flash slowly for the tens place, then 3 seconds, then quickly for the ones place, but when i ground the pin, the check engine light immediately began flashing non-stop untill i disconnected the ground. ill also add that the check engine light is usually on, and the car will randomly stall, so i have to wait a couple minutes or even hours for the car to start again, but right now the car wont even start, when i turn the key the check engine light comes on for about 10 seconds and goes off, but when i ground the diagnostic pin the light just flashes. can anyone tell me what the problem could be?

thanks

mike

madmike90
07-18-2007, 08:12 PM
anyone?

madmike90
07-18-2007, 10:02 PM
NOBODY?

seth98esT
07-18-2007, 10:13 PM
You are supposed to count the flashes, then you can look up and see how many flashes = what code.

madmike90
07-19-2007, 12:50 AM
i know, but the flashes dont stop, they are short quick flashes that go on with no pause to know when to stop counting.