PDA

View Full Version : need help w/ jdm heads (wiring)

Diamndsr4eva
07-19-2007, 12:33 AM
I have a problem with my heads. Since i installed them ive never had both the lows and highbeams working. Infact since ive only had the lowbeams working, the dash light still indicates that the high beams are on too. Ive tried every wiring combo i could come up with but i still cant get the lows to come on and then be able to turn on the highs while the lows are on. When i turn on the heads while thy're wired up, they both come on at all times, even though i only want the lows on, so im forced to only wire up the low beams. This problem sux because i live in an area full of deer and I NEED my high beams.

So ive come to you guys for help, any help or any suggestions or advice will not be overlooked im willing to try anything.

PS: I have a 95 which i think has different wiring than the newer 97-98's.

DOHCstunr
07-19-2007, 12:39 AM
i know what you are talking about

although i haven't addressed the issue myself, i figure it will take some type of relay.
since the us 7g is setup for 9006/5 where both are on when the highbeams are on.
idk if it has something to do with the stock relay not allowing it, or what.
honestly i've had much more perplexing issues to tackle in my ventures, but i would very much like to solve this.

i run the inner lens off my factory foglight wiring.
so i do get to utilize both the inner and outer lens, but i have the inner lens angled to function as an integrated foglamp/driving lamp(with a ion yellow bulb)
and the outer of course is just a lowbeam.

i'd love to be able to use the highbeam in the outer lens.
i'd just love to.

wonder if there is a plug and play jdm relay that will make this a snap

Diamndsr4eva
07-19-2007, 12:51 AM
relay? hmmmm, really? I figured maybe it would be solved this way but i wanted to be sure i wasn't missing anything with the wiring. Now i need suggestions on how to use a relay to fix this.... Anyone?

kolio
07-19-2007, 12:57 AM
mine work perfectly fine

the only problem i have is while the lows are on the highs glow but aren't on. other than that my highs and lows work fine.

my high beam on the dash sometimes comes on but i think i need to clean up the wiring.

Diamndsr4eva you seen mine at the meet i got everything working with no realy

DOHCstunr
07-19-2007, 08:40 AM
mine work perfectly fine

the only problem i have is while the lows are on the highs glow but aren't on. other than that my highs and lows work fine.

my high beam on the dash sometimes comes on but i think i need to clean up the wiring.

so you are saying the one bullb. in the outer lens, you are switching between low and highbeam with the factory switch, turning either just the high, or jsut the low filament on at a time?

Diamndsr4eva
07-21-2007, 12:27 AM
mine work perfectly fine

so you are saying the one bullb. in the outer lens, you are switching between low and highbeam with the factory switch, turning either just the high, or jsut the low filament on at a time?

^^no, i was talking about normal operation of the lights, you know, you turn on the low beams and then you can turn the highs on and they both work, but there's always the option of switching off the highs and keeping the lows.
I dont have that option. when i wire them up, they both switch on, even when i dont want the highs on; so therefore im forced not to wire the highs.

krazienluv10
07-21-2007, 12:49 AM
i think its ur set up,can u show us a pic how u installed yours??? the lows should work just fine, i had lows and dual high's on mine before....

edit: just noticed it was a 95

kolio
07-21-2007, 01:58 AM
mine work perfectly fine

my factory switch controls the low beams high beam

the low beams high beams are wired up to the high beams so when the turn on the lows switch to highs.

when i have my lights on ( low beams) the high beam bulbs glow.

when i turn on the high beams on the low beams switch to high and the highs turn on

proto helped me wire mine in. i will take some pics of the wiring and the lights.

Diamndsr4eva
10-03-2007, 06:50 PM
hey kolio? U find any solutions to this yet? Or take pics of your setup?

kolio
10-03-2007, 07:46 PM
tomorrow morn i will take pics of the wiring.

but all my light function just fine now.

i don't have the inner bulbs glowing problem anymore.

i got 4300k HID's in the lows now

Proto
10-03-2007, 08:12 PM
I had them wired so all 4 bulbs acted as high beams when I enabled my high beams. JDM outters come with 3 prongs which allow the outter to be used as a high beam also, the inners are 2 prong which make it just a high beam. Read my tutorial. I could actually help you with the wiring when we meet up.

njjfudge
10-03-2007, 09:10 PM
I have a 95 and when I wired up my JDM heads I pulled all the wiring out of the stock headlights and just changed the plugs at the ends to work with the JDM heads. I did not wire up the high part of the H4 buld. I have single lows and when I hit my highs my lows stay on and my highs come on, everything works as it did before the swap.
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b20/njjfudge/DSC01465.jpg

QnzMostWanted
10-03-2007, 09:22 PM
when i did my jdms on my 7g i had h4 lows only and when i turned on the high beams the h4s go to high and the h1s go to high, its a easy wiring setup, Diamonds, i know u come to queens now and then, holla at me i can help u do it, it takes 10 min