PDA

View Full Version : People with Reactive Strut bar

BLsGalant97
12-10-2002, 06:44 PM
For those with reactive type 8 strut bar....do you have any pics with it installed. I have it sitting in my closet waiting to be installed but im not sure which way its suppose to be installed. Also there is a section under the bar which is flat.....does that go towards the right or left. Thanks

Kain
12-10-2002, 07:38 PM
That flat spot is for the sticker! Umm, there's really only one way that it goes, I'd take a pic, but I'm waaay too lazy to go requisition a digi from the lab and go out and stand in the freezing rain to take the pic. I'm pretty sure it only goes one way though.

BLsGalant97
12-10-2002, 08:29 PM
ok but...isnt the flat part on the bottom of the bar????

Kain
12-10-2002, 08:33 PM
You can rotate the bar 360. It can be wherever you want it to be, I have it facing backward.

Jesse
12-13-2002, 02:35 PM
I'll have pics within a few weeks, sorry it's taking so long, but I haven't got them developed yet. There's no rule to putting it on.

BLsGalant97
12-13-2002, 02:39 PM
Yeah i got it on already...took like 10minutes. Looks good

2True
12-13-2002, 11:15 PM
Does it hit your hood at all?

Mine does, on the passenger side about half a foot in. What's the deal with that? I wrapped some electical tape around the spot to keep it from scratching but it looks like ass.

Here's a not so close pic, tell me if I have it on wrong please.. http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid33/pdc9b1ee751636086a42dc551046c3fdb/fd3ab022.jpg

You can see from the pic that the flat spot faces the rear on the passenger side... is there a better way?

BLsGalant97
12-13-2002, 11:55 PM
Ok Wes the way i did it, it looks like it comes pretty close to the hood but doesnt hit. I have the flat peice facing completly down on the driver side.
But i noticed looking at yours...
You have the brackets like this.... O______O

I have it like this...... ________
O O

Do you get my little pics. Maybe this might help.

So i have the flat piece away from the intake and closer to the window

2True
12-14-2002, 03:44 AM
So basically what you're saying is that yours is the exact opposite of mine?

You lost me B. :dumbass:

seth98esT
12-14-2002, 03:52 AM
i get it...blsgalant, yoiurs is like this

O'''''''''''''''''''''''''O
with the astricts representing the bar...which is closer to the windshield

and wes is like this

O__________O

with down here being the front of the car

correct?

2True
12-14-2002, 04:37 AM
I get it now, thanks Seth.

Is everyone else's like this?

To me it looks like the bar will not fit over the water line on the driver side if mouted like Brandon illustrates..

Which do you think is a more effective way to have it mounted? I figured that the more it's actually over the engine the bettter, man do I feel dumb :? lol

QnzMostWanted
12-14-2002, 10:02 AM
My STB rules, nobody else has it https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

BLsGalant97
12-14-2002, 12:42 PM

To me it looks like the bar will not fit over the water line on the driver side if mouted like Brandon illustrates..

Which do you think is a more effective way to have it mounted? I figured that the more it's actually over the engine the bettter, man do I feel dumb :? lol

Opps i dint know one off my "pic" was messed up but yeah thats how i meant it seth. And i thought the water line would be in the way but it just makes it over

BLsGalant97
12-14-2002, 12:43 PM

Opps i didnt know one off my "pic" was messed up but yeah thats how i meant it seth. And i thought the water line would be in the way but it just makes it over

QnzMostWanted
12-14-2002, 02:37 PM
wow i'm seeing double lol