PDA

View Full Version : fuel pump

ct96mitsug
07-19-2007, 05:43 PM
i just upgraded my entire fuel system. the only thing i havent replaced yet is the fuel pump ( i have a walbro 255 but i havent installed it yet) i put in 550cc injectors, resistor box, aeromotive frp, stainless lines, etc. so when i go to give the system pressure, i dont want to start the car because if there is a leak i dont want fuel spraying over a running engine and hot turbo. i just want to test the lines for leaks but when i turn the car to ON there is no pressure. my question is that does the engine have to be turning for the fuel pump to pump fuel???

seth98esT
07-19-2007, 06:36 PM
Yes, engine must be cranking for the fuel pump to be triggered.

If you just want to test it, run a 12v wire to the fuel pump and wire it up.

DOHCstunr
07-19-2007, 06:56 PM
just use the fuel pump check terminal under the solenoid rack on the firewall.

just look under the rack there is some loom and a couple connectors that go to nothign that might be taped up in the loom.

one of the terminals is blue, the other is black.
(there might be a brown round one on some 7g's)
the black one i think (will have a black w/ blue strip wire in it) is the one you want to lok for.
simply run a B+ wire to that terminal, to energize the fuel pump(w/ ignition in the on position of course)

this allows you to set your fuel pressure w/o the engine running, as well as check for leaks, and of course trouble shoot a faulty or non functioning pump.

ct96mitsug
07-20-2007, 05:44 PM
alright thanks guys and just bypassed everything and wired it straight to another battery in the rear. i pressure tested to 70psi and held it there for about 10 minutes and there were no leaks. thank god