PDA

View Full Version : RIPP Looking for 7g to test fit Supercharger!!!!

96TEXASgalant
12-10-2002, 07:29 PM
I spoke with the guy up at RIPP Mods. and he told me that he needs a 7g to test fit the newly developed Supercharger. They're in New York and require that the car be left with them for a few weeks. Most of you are aware of the 8g 4cyl. application they just finished, well they want to fit it to our cars also.
This is the post from the 8g forum, check this out: http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5807 ('http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5807')

Contact Ripp Mods. directly if you can accomodate this.

I wish I was closer, I'd let them use my car.

Maybe this could be a Sticky Item??

MidNightRacing
12-11-2002, 01:55 PM
he didn't say he needs a test car hes got one already!!! :evil: Thanks alot u got my hopes up for nuthin cause im in n.y

96TEXASgalant
12-11-2002, 02:30 PM
Well when I talked to him Tuesday afternoon, he told me to post that he needed a 7g to test fit the supercharger. :wink:

paulbunyan
12-11-2002, 06:02 PM
96texasgalant,
LOL, I started thinking for a sec
I got 3 other cars, I can drive
the Galant up to NY and leave it
lol. Oh well, thanks for the info,
too bad he already has a car :-)

paulbunyan

2True
12-27-2002, 09:46 PM
What's the status on this? Anyone know?

flipz_ny79
01-03-2003, 10:09 AM
179.3whp and 178.7lbs torque. Its on the 3g forums. I believe they tested it on a 8g automatic wich dynod at 103.3WHP without the s/c. Pretty impressive !!!

2True
01-23-2003, 02:09 PM
BTW,

RIPPMODS is still looking for a 7g to test fit a SC for. If you live in their area you may want to jump on this, tested vehicles receive a HUGE discount on the final product. Not to mention you would be helping all 7g'ers out.... and you'd be my hero :oops:

brandon
01-27-2003, 02:01 PM
So, they need a 7G to do the testing? What happens if you can't afford to purchase it? I'd be willing to let them use mine. I'm about an hour and a half from NYC and it gives me an excuse to visit my sister in Brooklyn.

BEAST
02-22-2003, 06:08 PM
This really saddens me. I know that there are a ton of members up in that area and none are able to get thier car to them? I mean I understand that you have to pay for it and so I understand that some people may not have the money for it right now. But I am sure that they will give it to you for a cheaper price. Plus you will be the first 7ger with it. It is reasons like this that there aren't as many parts for our cars being built. We get all excited about the new parts but then don't do anything about it. If I lived up there I would do whatever it took if no one else was stepping up. Hell if anything else get a loan, borrow some money, do something.

brandon
02-24-2003, 07:29 AM
I PM'ed them but got no response... apparently they're not too motivated to get things going... and with good reason I'm sure. It's rare that more than 2 people that show interest actually go through with buying something.

2True
02-24-2003, 11:32 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brandon)</div><div class='quotemain'>I PM'ed them but got no response... apparently they're not too motivated to get things going... and with good reason I'm sure. It's rare that more than 2 people that show interest actually go through with buying something.</div>

Interesting point B. I am almost positive that there are less than I can count on one hand that bought the SC for the 8g. This may or may not have burned our chances with RIPP Mods, I really can't say. I will say that they are in the business of making money and I doubt a $2500 SC kit for a 7th gen Galant is worth thier resources, It would take me a year at least to save up for that.
The positive is this, they have already made one for the 8g and have offered for the 7g; that in itself is a good thing. If we can get one done, just one, then they will be able to make more of them at any time.

Yo Brandon, the test fitting isn't free man. You HAVE to buy it so that they can monitor the car for weeks/months after the install to perfect any problems. According to what I've read.. the test fitting will run about $1500, but that is a HELL of a deal for a SC. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

brandon
02-24-2003, 04:02 PM
Well I can probably throw most of that money down into it, and then hopefully come to sort of agreement on the rest... so the money shouldn't even be too much of an issue.

I just wonder how serious they are about it... or maybe they already found another test fitter? I dunno. I can't really check the site too often but if anything comes up feel free to PM me or email [email protected]

Holla.

bstnsportsfan
02-26-2003, 03:40 PM
Removed as Sticky.