PDA

View Full Version : 94 ES engine...

RydnClean
12-10-2002, 10:03 PM
i bought my car about 2 1/2 months ago and i havent really drivin it much because i havent gotten my license back yet but it has 133k miles, and when i punch the gas like im racing sum1 and it gets to like 5000- 5500 it starts stuttering to shift then when i let off the gas it shifts??? whats the problem and how can i fix it? also what should i do to to make it run better?....oil plugs etc.

Kain
12-10-2002, 11:58 PM
First of all, check your transmission fluid. 133K is pretty up there in millage, and if it's not been taken care of, you're just gonna cook your tranny. What your experiencing is part and parcel of the "Fuzzy Logic" transmission computer. It's trying to anticipate what you want the car to do. In time, most of that will go away assuming you drive fairly consistantly. But it could also be an indication of low fluid levels, or the need for a fluid change. Check it out, and see what you find.

RydnClean
12-11-2002, 01:46 PM
alright thanks alot! ~ does any1 else have sum more tips?

flipz_ny79
12-12-2002, 07:30 PM
I agree with Kain. My car use to stutter before shifting when I would race at about 5000 rpm's. But the stutter wasnt realy bad enough for me to worry about. After a while I guess my computer got used to me as the driver. Now it wont shift on a race until it reaches 6000 rpm's.