PDA

View Full Version : Need Help...Please!

drsergiocy
07-23-2007, 05:57 AM
I have some technical difficulties with my Fuel Pump....

The problem usually reveals itself the most in the winter time...it happens when i accelerate my galant by flooring the acceleration to the full...the galant accelerates to about 4000-4500 RPM and does not go any further...therefore the car does not accelerate and stays at the same speed until i shift to a higher gear...later on the same thing happens in all gears... :(

I took to the certified mitsubishi service center...and they told me that the High Pressure Fuel Pump is busted and needs replacement to a new one...which costs around 1600-2000 US Dollars!!!! Thats Mad Pricing!!! :shock:

My question is: Could be there any other problem that causes this...or is there any other way i can service this pump or replace to a less expensive or to some extent put a sports fuel pump instead??

I would really...really... appreciate your help...by sending me detailed tutorials...vendors...or online links that can guide me to the solution of this problem...

i own a:
1998 Mitsubishi Galant VR-G GDi
1.8L, 4 Cylender DOCH Engine
Automatic (Tiptronic 4-Speed) Transmission
Chassis Number: EA1A
Imported From JAPAN.

Please Help!!!

Thank you very much...

Sergio
[email protected]

drsergiocy
07-24-2007, 07:20 AM
I have some technical difficulties with my Fuel Pump....

The problem usually reveals itself the most in the winter time...it happens when i accelerate my galant by flooring the acceleration to the full...the galant accelerates to about 4000-4500 RPM and does not go any further...therefore the car does not accelerate and stays at the same speed until i shift to a higher gear...later on the same thing happens in all gears...

I took to the certified mitsubishi service center...and they told me that the High Pressure Fuel Pump is busted and needs replacement to a new one...which costs around 1600-2000 US Dollars!!!! Thats Mad Pricing!!!

My question is: Could be there any other problem that causes this...or is there any other way i can service this pump or replace to a less expensive or to some extent put a sports fuel pump instead??

I would really...really... appreciate your help...by sending me detailed tutorials...vendors...or online links that can guide me to the solution of this problem...

i own a:
1998 Mitsubishi Galant VR-G GDi
1.8L, 4 Cylender DOCH Engine
Automatic (Tiptronic 4-Speed) Transmission
Chassis Number: EA1A
Imported From JAPAN.

Please Help!!!

Thank you very much...

Sergio
[email protected]

Jnelson
04-12-2009, 06:23 AM
I own a 2003 galant Viento 4G94 GDI. I experienced the same problem with my car and after much troubleshooting I had the fuel pump and fuel injectors cleaned and this totally eliminated the problem.

JoeRad
04-12-2009, 08:47 AM
change your plugs, dirty old plugs can cause similar symptoms

grego
05-15-2009, 01:32 PM
I own a 2003 galant Viento 4G94 GDI. I experienced the same problem with my car and after much troubleshooting I had the fuel pump and fuel injectors cleaned and this totally eliminated the problem.

how did u clean the pump i thought it was impossible to open the diagnostic computer tells me it is fluid presure sensor is that the same as the high pressure fuel pump.please help me becos i have bought 2 used pumps in 2 wks and still having problems

grego
05-15-2009, 01:33 PM
how did u clean the pump i thought it was impossible to open the diagnostic computer tells me it is fluid presure sensor is that the same as the high pressure fuel pump.please help me becos i have bought 2 used pumps in 2 wks and still having problems
grego is online now Add to grego's Reputation Report Post Edit/Delete Message