PDA

View Full Version : Injen 99-01 & 02

Aztec
12-11-2002, 02:50 AM
I was checking out ptuning and options auto salon websites and i noticed that for Galant there was a section for 99-01 and then 02s for a short ram intake. Whats the difference between the two?? Don't they use the same ones??

RedGalant2k1
12-11-2002, 02:54 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Aztec)</div><div class='quotemain'>I was checking out ptuning and options auto salon websites and i noticed that for Galant there was a section for 99-01 and then 02s for a short ram intake. Whats the difference between the two?? Don't they use the same ones??</div>

no difference.

pinoyesv6
12-11-2002, 09:10 AM
i'd go with the 02's since u have an 02 anyways. uhm they probably have 2 different kinds because they might still have the old style intakes in stock. and the reason i say to go with the newer one is because a cold air extension can be used with the newer one with lesser problems than the old one. if you want to stick with a short ram, then stay with the old style, they relocated the filter to a cooler place than the new short rams

99DE
12-11-2002, 04:08 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PinoyESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'>i'd go with the 02's since u have an 02 anyways. uhm they probably have 2 different kinds because they might still have the old style intakes in stock. and the reason i say to go with the newer one is because a cold air extension can be used with the newer one with lesser problems than the old one. if you want to stick with a short ram, then stay with the old style, they relocated the filter to a cooler place than the new short rams</div>

I have the old style short ram, and I would recommend staying away from that one. Mine rubs the battery post and the new one doesn't. Also the new design looks like more quality. I am kinda disapointed in Injen for that design flaw, and I might go AEM now.

Aztec
12-11-2002, 04:08 PM
thanks guys !!!!

pinoyesv6
12-11-2002, 05:31 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(99DE)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PinoyESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'>i'd go with the 02's since u have an 02 anyways. uhm they probably have 2 different kinds because they might still have the old style intakes in stock. and the reason i say to go with the newer one is because a cold air extension can be used with the newer one with lesser problems than the old one. if you want to stick with a short ram, then stay with the old style, they relocated the filter to a cooler place than the new short rams</div>

I have the old style short ram, and I would recommend staying away from that one. Mine rubs the battery post and the new one doesn't. Also the new design looks like more quality. I am kinda disapointed in Injen for that design flaw, and I might go AEM now.</div>

that rubbing can be solved with some tape or whatever wrapped around the battery tie down. i have an old style injen i purchased from another member and i soon will be converting it to a cold air intake. what i do like about the old style is with the new style, the filter is right next to what...the header. the old style the filter is right next to the turn signal. also for going to the strip, that can be a plus. jsut remove the headlight and u get a ram air effect. but yea aem is slighty a notch better in quality than injen

Aztec
12-12-2002, 01:52 AM
but yea aem is slighty a notch better in quality than injen
so why go with injen then?? Price on AEM and Injen are almost the same right???[/quote]

Prophet
12-12-2002, 01:56 AM
so why go with injen then?? Price on AEM and Injen are almost the same right???[/quote]

Injen IMO looks alot more better. To be honest I think Injen is actually better in quality now or at least the same. AEM just paved the way.

Jason

Messiah
12-12-2002, 05:58 AM
so why go with injen then?? Price on AEM and Injen are almost the same right???

Injen IMO looks alot more better. To be honest I think Injen is actually better in quality now or at least the same. AEM just paved the way.

Jason[/quote]

You could be right Jason, the only reason I went with AEM, is because I wanted the blue intake and only AEM had it in that color

Fishboy55
12-12-2002, 07:19 AM
Also for you folks that need it, Injen is CARB approved, and I don't think AEM is.

Chip

pinoyesv6
12-12-2002, 07:52 AM

injen is the pretty intake. heat shield, billet MAS adaptor. depending where u go, chances are the injen is gonna be a lil bit cheaper. but at places like adventon.com the aem is cheaper.

also, the aem bypass valve only works on the aem. not on the injen

Jason

if u recall, most people who had problems with their intakes breaking, most of them had injen. uhm problems like mounts breaking and the mas adaptor breaking. the good part is, injen will most likely replace that part for you.

You could be right Jason, the only reason I went with AEM, is because I wanted the blue intake and only AEM had it in that color

the injen is available in blue red and polished i believe. the aem is available in blue red polished and silver...

Also for you folks that need it, Injen is CARB approved, and I don't think AEM is.

Chip

the aem is carb approved too

creativ73
12-14-2002, 06:33 PM
I've got 2000 V-6 and I've been thinking about installing a CAI. I don't know much about it though. I know I could just buy a K&N filter and put that directly on and eliminate the filter box. My question is, what does a CAI do differently than just putting a K&N filter on?

pinoyesv6
12-15-2002, 03:35 PM
I've got 2000 V-6 and I've been thinking about installing a CAI. I don't know much about it though. I know I could just buy a K&N filter and put that directly on and eliminate the filter box. My question is, what does a CAI do differently than just putting a K&N filter on?

it relocats the air filter so that u can get colder air (thats good) to your car. also, with an aftermarket system, you eleimiate many of the restrictive resonator and bends that the oem intake has

ucool80
12-18-2002, 04:52 PM
ok should i get the AEM for $250 or I can get theInjen CAI for $125 from http://www.wholehyper.com ('http://www.wholehyper.com')

is AEM still better for twice the money?

pinoyesv6
12-20-2002, 11:19 AM
go to adventon.com they got the greatest deals for intakes of aem and injen brand. look inger the 2000+ eclipse or the 8g galant. the aem is the cheapest there and the injen cai is cheap too. just remember that injen's cai's start with part number RD

toc8g
12-20-2002, 12:37 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>if u recall, most people who had problems with their intakes breaking, most of them had injen. uhm problems like mounts breaking and the mas adaptor breaking. the good part is, injen will most likely replace that part for you. </div>

I have never heard of the intakes breaking at the mount locations ever. On another note like Allan said people who bought early models of the Race Division CAI had problems with the MAS breaking. I had a Early Model. And yes if it does break they will send you a new one. I don't suspect that the ones ones will break but remember anything made by man will break. Also I do recall people having a hard time with fitting the bypass valve that req. cutting and fitting, sounds like a hastle to me. In my opnion I think the AEM and Injen are of the same qaulity. Its a preference between Coke and Pepsi. in This instance I choose Coke over PEpsi! and Injen is Coke!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>also, the aem bypass valve only works on the aem. not on the injen </div>

As stated on the Injen Website,

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>MYTH: A bypass valve cannot be used on an Injen Intake System.
Â*
FACT: A bypass valve can be used on most 2.50", 2.75", and 3.00" applications. Â*
Â*
</div>

pinoyesv6
12-20-2002, 12:44 PM
TOC, the only reason i said that the aem bypass valve doesn't work on the injen is that i heard of cases where the bypass valve didn't work and caused some hydrolock with cars with the injen. it might be a rare case, but im not gonna try it on my car...

ucool80
12-20-2002, 12:56 PM
so are ya'll saying that $125 is a good deal for an injen CAI on the wholhyper.com website?

toc8g
12-20-2002, 01:31 PM
Ok, When you throw that price out that seems a little hard to believe.

If they are gonna sell you this for $125 bucks then yeah I can beleive it, but remember this is not a cai.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid20/p10ea5d0033da96510458db7d3d7391c3/fdbbc151.jpg

I would be also having a hard time believing they would sell you the non RD CAi at that price which is this one.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid20/p5edd0212b57dca66dc5f74742940528f/fdbbc154.jpg

I would be pissed off if they sold you this at that price,

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid20/p1f7f03eee20dd31386016808f0a9d049/fdbbc1f9.jpg

At either case I would find out exctly which one they are sending you for your money. Keep us informed. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

ucool80
12-20-2002, 01:48 PM
well as per the website, http://www.wholehyper.com/specials.html ('http://www.wholehyper.com/specials.html') it is a Injen intake for VG 99-00 Galants but i wonder if its a CAI or not. good point ill call them and check.

ucool80
12-20-2002, 02:02 PM
yup you all were right, its a Ram Air intake its not CAI! DANG!

Thanx for pointing that out.

Reelax
12-20-2002, 02:32 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'>Also for you folks that need it, Injen is CARB approved, and I don't think AEM is.

Chip</div>

AEM got their CARB EO first... my AEM has the sticker, my INJEN didn't.

Aztec
12-20-2002, 09:33 PM
isn't injen CARB now??
And is $125 a good deal for a short ram ?
Thats what I'm looking for, any input on where to get the best deal?