PDA

View Full Version : vr4 question

03_silver_8g
07-25-2007, 11:06 PM
don't know if i'm gonna sound totally dumb asking this, but...i see the vr4 front bumpers and jdm 2 pc heads and jdm grilles on 99-01 usdm's and i was wondering if the vr4 bumpers/heads/grilles fit the facelifted 02-03 usdm's.

i searched and couldn't really find the answer i was looking for. but it might just be that i didn't look hard enough. but i really don't want to look for hours thru the forums for an answer that sum1 could just give me.

RedGalant2k1
07-25-2007, 11:08 PM
The short answer? Yes.

If I read your location right, are you from Michigan?

03_silver_8g
07-25-2007, 11:09 PM
yessir

is the answer more complicated than yes?

RedGalant2k1
07-25-2007, 11:14 PM
Not really more complicated. A lot of people have put JDM and Aftermarket bumpers on their 02-03s. The bumper mounts from what I know are the same either way, its just how the grill is setup on 02-03s thats different. But even still the clips and things that hold the grill on look the same as 99-01s.

03_silver_8g
07-25-2007, 11:16 PM
oh ok. it just looks like the heads on the 02-03's are bigger than the jdm 2pc's. i didn't know if that would be a problem if i decide to go jdm in the front.

thanks for the help! :)

RedGalant2k1
07-25-2007, 11:18 PM
The JDM Headlights are roughly the same size, if not slightly larger. If you look at pictures of USDMs with JDM grills you'll see gap between the USDM headlights and JDM grill.

03_silver_8g
07-25-2007, 11:23 PM
i hadn't noticed that...i'm just debating on whether or not to go jdm. and i didn't know if it was do-able on an 02-03. but thanks for clearin' that up.

any suggestions for other mods?

njjfudge
07-25-2007, 11:29 PM
03 after JDM swap
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/8/web/2216000-2216999/2216519_44_full.jpg

All USDM 8g's have the same size headlights, the 02-03 just have black housings. JDM heads are longer than USDM heads side to side.

03_silver_8g
07-25-2007, 11:36 PM
okay. i guess since usdm's are shorter, it makes them seem thicker.

i like ur bumper njjfudge. where'd u get and how much?

n where can u pick up a visor?

krispy03
07-25-2007, 11:53 PM
1 piece JDM heads on an 03 bumper.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y34/KRISPY03/galant-1.jpg

fatal1
07-25-2007, 11:54 PM
the visors are done in a gb so you will have to get one off someone that bought extras which will probroblly be pricey or wait for another gb

njjfudge has the "old style" or prefacelift vr4 front
the blue one is the "new style" or facelift front

they are both around the same price...contact triggermauve via pm if you want them, they both instal pretty easy with minimal modding only problems you should run into is when installing the vr4 grill you will have to cut off the center nose thing that holds up the center of the bumper and you will have to cut off the ends of the crashbar using a saw or something of your choice, (just by the welds toward the ends of the crashbar) an a diagonal usually works, there are plenty of how to's when and if you go that route on the site....usually a jdm bumper is around 300 shipped from japan form trigger usually a little less, heads and gruill can be had by him also but can also be found on ebay...

also try to use the search more there are plenty of topics reguarding jdm conversions

also some of the the pros/cons of jdm are

jdm not fiberglass, if they are authentic so they have more flexability and dont break as easy or chip from rocks etc from the road, pretty easy installation and bolt holes go to factory mounting points, look cleaner usually without custom modification and they look good

bodykits are nice also but are fiberglass, depending on the mold may need a lot of modifiacetion to fit or may not, have to make mounting points, and usually have to have some modification to have a grill in the top and bottom areas iunless you use a mesh or something...bodykits are usually jdm spec so there are gaps usually around the headlight areas..so you may want to fix that or get jdm heads to fill them also

03_silver_8g
07-26-2007, 03:25 PM
those 1 pc jdm heads for the 02-03...do you have to rewire to put those in?

and approximately how much to get an all-around jdm kit, then painted and installed?