PDA

View Full Version : MOMO SHIFTER FOR AUTOMATIC?

bellefontaine187
07-26-2007, 02:49 PM
I KNOW THERE ARE A FEW GUYS IN HERE WITH MOMO SHIFTERS FOR THE 8G, IM TALKING ABOUT THE EXPENSIVE ONE FOR LIKE 100BUCKS. HAS THIS BEEN A GOOD KNOB FOR YOU? I WAS THINKING OF GETTING THIS KNOB WITH A PASSWORD JDM BOOT BUT JUST WANTED TO SEE IF ANYONE HAS HAD GOOD LUCK WITH IT THUS FAR. ANY INPUT WOULD BE GREAT.

Kwikfox
07-26-2007, 04:25 PM
WHY ARE YOU SCREAMING?!?! Take it easy man... you don't need to scream in the board... Besides, instead of putting stuff on your automatic, do a 5 speed swap...

bellefontaine187
07-26-2007, 06:08 PM
my bad for the caps,lol i didnt take into consideration that you would take that as me screaming...lol really i just had the caps button on. id love to do a tansmition swap but i dont have 2500 bucks

bellefontaine187
07-26-2007, 06:23 PM
but i didnt ask about transmition swaps i asked about a momo shifter, in particular i was asking the people who have the auto momo shifter already if they have had any luck with it. i think its funny when these computer nerds that do nuthing but sit at a computer all day get all seriouse about shit like an obvious mistake like capital letters and assume that im screaming....lol didnt know that you could hear me through the internet....lol j/k now if i called you a duche bag with capital letters and put and exclamation mark after, that would seem like i was ''screaming'' at you.......sorry about the caps buddy im not a regular ''forum type guy'' i guess i need to learn my proper internet chat ediqate. is that how you spell it? edicate...lol so in the future people wont assume im a raging maniac if i come in a forum and say hey....or HEY....rather

Snowy
07-26-2007, 08:50 PM
Um newbie dude...I think he was joking #1 and #2 watch yourself when you call people computer nerds when it is the same computer nerds who have helped sooo many people build their cars in to dream machines. You are new to the site and before you lash out with stupid remarks when asking about a f'n shifter (a part that doesn't really mean sh*t in regards to the cars performance or style), I would simply clear up the air by saying you just had the caps lock on by accident and was just trying to get some help with your idea for a change in the shifters. Then I also would have just shut your mouth. In the mean time, please refrain from double posting minutes apart, when you could have very simply just edited you first post.

PS. I myself am no computer nerd yet I know how to type with the caps lock off and also have read the rules of the forum. I would hope you read them as well before you have a harsh awaking by the mods and lose respect with the rest of the members of the site.

Jeffylou87
07-26-2007, 10:54 PM
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i59/jeffylou87/TGC/owned.jpg

OUCH!! and welcome to TGC!

Kwikfox
07-26-2007, 11:45 PM
hahahahaha, I am not computer nerd either, I just like to type properly, and with the caps off... By profession, I am a Old School Jazz, Funk, and Blues Musician... not a computer nerd :P silly newbz :lol:

MissMaverick
07-26-2007, 11:58 PM
but i didnt ask about transmition swaps i asked about a momo shifter, in particular i was asking the people who have the auto momo shifter already if they have had any luck with it. i think its funny when these computer nerds that do nuthing but sit at a computer all day get all seriouse about shit like an obvious mistake like capital letters and assume that im screaming....lol didnt know that you could hear me through the internet....lol j/k now if i called you a duche bag with capital letters and put and exclamation mark after, that would seem like i was ''screaming'' at you.......sorry about the caps buddy im not a regular ''forum type guy'' i guess i need to learn my proper internet chat ediqate. is that how you spell it? edicate...lol so in the future people wont assume im a raging maniac if i come in a forum and say hey....or HEY....rather

Hmm...for not being a "forum type guy", you sure say "lol" a lot. Obviously you chat online somewhere, and I'm pretty sure that the etiquette for any IM/chat/forum situation would be pretty much the same as anywhere else.

By the way, there is such thing as spell check if you aren't sure how a word is spelled. Oh, and using proper English (i.e. caps in appropriate places, not in an entire post) does help us understand you better. Just a couple of pointers, since you say you aren't familiar with forum "eticate".

And Snowy, well put.

jwright09
07-27-2007, 12:43 AM
(I take no side in this btw)

So anyways....a few posts later....the original subject...

I'm actually curious about this shifter. Even though its true it offers no benefit in the way of performance does anyone have one? I mean my stock one is okay, and yes most of us would like to have the 5 speed if affordable.. But from the way I've seen the nature of myself and everyone on this forum we like to add some spice to our cars :)

So-Momo shifter yes/no? what do you guys think

dknight3
07-27-2007, 02:37 AM
I wanna know as well. Stupid stock shifter is to close to the e-brake.

zobgel
07-27-2007, 05:42 AM
id love to do a tansmition swap but i dont have 2500 bucks

you don't need $2500 to do the swap you can swap you're 8G to 5 speed half the price you posted.

alexvr
07-27-2007, 08:23 AM
haha that was funny..he grew balls in like 20 minutes and then posts again lol jk jk...well as for the momo shifter i dont kno but i heard they are decent, i mean i dont kno wat would be a difference with shifters, just whatever u feel comfortable with and like i guess, i have a pep boys one, the carbon fiber one with the chrome on it and ot looks nice but the button is a lil hard to push down, i kno the momo has a big button on top

pinoyesv6
07-27-2007, 08:47 AM
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/383000-383999/383615_21_full.jpg

bellefontaine187
07-27-2007, 05:37 PM
Um newbie dude...I think he was joking #1 and #2 watch yourself when you call people computer nerds when it is the same computer nerds who have helped sooo many people build their cars in to dream machines. You are new to the site and before you lash out with stupid remarks when asking about a f'n shifter (a part that doesn't really mean sh*t in regards to the cars performance or style), I would simply clear up the air by saying you just had the caps lock on by accident and was just trying to get some help with your idea for a change in the shifters. Then I also would have just shut your mouth. In the mean time, please refrain from double posting minutes apart, when you could have very simply just edited you first post.

PS. I myself am no computer nerd yet I know how to type with the caps lock off and also have read the rules of the forum. I would hope you read them as well before you have a harsh awaking by the mods and lose respect with the rest of the members of the site.

seriously, i was j/k.....and i know now that caps pisses people off.....it was an honest mistake.....and i apologize if offended anyone with the ''internet nerd comment'' its all good homey.....damn why is it that someone can jump down my throat about a capital lettering mistake but i cant make a joke about it afterwards to loosen things up a bit.....wtf.....i dont really care either way....some of you dudes in here is maad uptight...getting so pised at a new guy who clearly forgot to read the rules and made a friggin typo.....sorry for the frikken joke.....i will only ask qustions now after searching first....i wil no longer use caps....and i will always be seriously....in order to obtain respect from all whome i have soo badly offended...damn man..im sorry

bellefontaine187
07-27-2007, 05:43 PM
pinoyesv6, thats the shifter i was wondering about.....it looks tight in there with the boot...is that a''ractive'' boot? looks baad ass...thanks for showing me the pic. now i have a netter idea as to what it looks like when its installed........and thanks to all others for thier imput......imma grab that momo shifter though

Kwikfox
07-27-2007, 06:34 PM
one more thing, you don't have to make 2 posts right after another. You are allowed to edit your original post in order to add another thought, and if you are trying to rack up your post number, no one cares about that, so don't worry about it. Aside from that, getting back on topic... instead of making your automatic look pretty, save the money to do a 5 spd swap. It is not as expensive as your thinking, or as hard for that matter. People sell the entire swap on this site frequently.

bellefontaine187
07-27-2007, 06:51 PM
how much would a swap be? i have the v6 es what would fit?

Snowy
07-27-2007, 08:56 PM
It is easier to do a manual swap with an 01 v6 like you have than my 03 v6. Many go with eclipse manual trannies and parts. Click the search button and type in manual swap, and there will be tons of info that you will need. I personally was going to swap out the shifter on my V6 also, but then I saw Denver's (qnzmostwanted) plans for his I4 and I have to do a swap later. Friendly competition and all but I can't keep showing up to meets rocking stock parts.

bellefontaine187
07-27-2007, 10:56 PM
thanks bro

badmitsu
07-27-2007, 11:45 PM
what year G or Eclipse would i need to get parts off of for the manual swap? I have 99 V6 LS

fatal1
07-28-2007, 12:57 AM
i believe there is a tutorial on the v6 swap as well on here, and im not possitive on the years you can definatelly use...you will need the eclipse tranny, the swap can cost anywhere from a little under $1000 to well over $3000 but that all depends on how much you can get the parts for and whether or not you upgrade it and what you upgrade, if you install it yourself....for example i got the tranny for like 700 i think, the rest of the materials for about 250 more, but i upgraded the clutch flywheel shifter bushings etc all the little things except the lsd and i payed somewhere around 2250 if i remember right, but again it all depends on how much you can get everything for and possible install fees if you dont do it or have someone help you do it, these are the prices for the i4, but i now have the v6 with the same exact upgrades changing only a few brand names and i believe frank payed close to the same price if im not mistaken

but the extra gain you get is priceless lol, but really it is worth it

also remember with the 01 you will need an 00 ecu and immobilizer that will have to be reprogrammed by the dealer in order to get rid of the ses light

the 99 will work fine

as of now there is no fix on the 02 or 03 galants that has been found yet, so if you live in a state with inspections (like you snowy lol) remember that you will not pass unless you find a way to fix the ecu problem or swap the auto back in every year when you need to be reinspected

is anyone is interested in doing the swap and isnt sure read goosey2099 tutorial about 99% of it can be used or the v6 swap as well there is very little difference between the 2 swaps

on a side not the momo shifter looks pretty nice with that boot, although i wouldnt waste the money if you plan on ditching it down the road

Jeffylou87
07-28-2007, 06:14 PM
The 2000 to 2005 gt or gts 5 speed tranny will fit our cars..

fatal1
07-28-2007, 11:04 PM
yea but what i mean is specific year galants to specific year eclipses being some thing changed with sensors on the tranny's and ecu's etc

bellefontaine187
07-29-2007, 01:37 PM
thanks for the info guys.i appreciate. i want to swap now but ill probly wait till the auto blows up, its a brand new transmition just put in like 5 months ago cus the 1st one blew. unfortunatly the warrantee on my galant would not cover for a five speed swap..lol i wish it did.

pLUGSNEt
07-29-2007, 03:23 PM
Im just curious on why did it take like over 10 B.S. post in this thread to get a answer to the question... Why do you guys waist your time with that crap... I mean if he needs info on a automatic transmission why would you recommend him to upgrade his car? What happened to people posting positive helpful information about the question... The only way i would see all this manual swap ish helpful is if he asked what should i do put a new auto shifter or go manual..... I mean its ok sometimes to just read through forums with out posting on ever thread and topic... if you dont have shit to say about the thread thats informative... lol dont....

komodo
11-07-2007, 02:01 AM
Reviving time.
I found a Momo Auto shifter and I'm liking it. Except it says this...

"* Item description: New in box comes with inserts for different size shaft and it is secured using 3 allen screws provided with the allen wrench in the box, will fit any gear shaft that is less than .60" in diameter. Push botton on top, will not work on cars wth side buttons."

Disregard the caps as it was a copy paste job and I'm a little too tired to rewrite it into lower case at the moment. Ah screw it I'm going to do it anyways. So ... before I go ahead and purchase this damn expensive thing, will it even fit the 8gs? I've noticed some users have top buttons... how did that work out for you guys? Think it's possible to make this top button work for the Momo shift knob? Here's a pic.

http://i4.ebayimg.com/02/i/000/aa/d1/587c_1.JPG

So I saw another ad for this same knob... says it does not have an overdrive button. Still though, inputs anyone?

badmitsu
11-07-2007, 07:53 AM
Top button will work, I HAVE ONE OF MY "g". The only thing is you might hva e to cut the plug shorter so the shifter sits down lower. Heres a pic of how mine looked before i cut the plug lower

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s216/badmitsu/Interior006.jpg

I cut mine like 2", enough to make it sit pretty low!

G-spot
11-07-2007, 08:46 AM
too bad they don't sell these anymore :?
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/751000-751999/751216_145_full.jpg

Distort
11-07-2007, 10:40 AM
You guy's G's make me so jealous... I found a 7G with a bad tranny : D