PDA

View Full Version : progress 2" drop

antmoneygtz
12-11-2002, 12:38 PM
sup guyz... listen, i jus put 18'' konigz that are 7 1/2 '' wide... now i wanna drop the front end 2 inches... i waz lookin at progress springs to drop the front... the back is fine cuz i got sum luggage in da back... two 12" rockfords and an amp in a bandpass... so the back is fine... any info will help me concernin the ride... and the positive andnegative aspects of gettin springs... thanx alot guyz... also... n e tipz on and exhaust... wat do u guyz got??? and is there really a big diff between a cai and a regular aftermarket intake???

Tiptronic
12-11-2002, 01:08 PM
after settling, progress will give you in the neighborhood of about 2.2 if im not mistaken (help out if im wrong guys). thats a good height. there are a few of us here that have progress. i for one love the look.

burthold
12-11-2002, 01:17 PM
I did mine front and back no complaints at all. Mine settled around 2.2.

Wes

BGR
12-11-2002, 02:34 PM
Mine never settled. After having my Progress springs installed, the front was exactly 2.2" lower than the OEM springs. It's not that height anymore as my 18's are a little bit taller than my old 16's.

You'll only get the 2.2" drop if you have a V6 or if you have an I4 and cut one of the coils (which I don't recommend).

antmoneygtz
12-11-2002, 03:54 PM
thanx alot for the info guyz.. yea i gotta v6... its a 2001 gtz.... i like the ride hight in the back.. plus i cant drop the back cuz i wont b able to get in my drive way... lol... im actually gonna have to go in my driveway backwards now if i do drop the front 2 inchez... i would do all four springs and park it in the street.. but im worried cuz some asshole keyed my whole car front to back one time when i did... and it costed a bundle to get the whole care repainted... so ill settle for drivin up my driveway backwards... no biggy... better then gettin 3 lines around the whole car again... but thanx alot guyz for everything... howz the ride though??? its there a big difference??? and was it an easy install??? and do i have to worry bout my stock shocks fuckin up??? cuz the gtz has a sports tuned suspension... its alil diff from the other modles.... any replies would b a big help... thanx guys 4 everything...

BGR
12-11-2002, 04:54 PM
I paid $150 to have the springs installed. My ride with the stock struts are ok, only bouncy when I'm going fast and I hit a dip or uneven road. Other than that, It's smooth. Cornering, as expected is great but not only because it's lowered but because I have a strut tower bar and 225/40-18 tires.

Whether your ride will be bouncy or not depends on how many miles your car has and what condition your struts are in. Mine has 47,000+ miles and it's all good still. It could be better but I'm not trippin' on it.

antmoneygtz
12-11-2002, 05:01 PM
well i only got 18k on mine so im hopin that the ride wont b that bad... thanx alot man for all ur help... iappreciate it...

NRG
12-11-2002, 06:37 PM
Hey BGR, did you have to use a camber kit with progress springs??

Tiptronic
12-11-2002, 06:46 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NRG)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hey BGR, did you have to use a camber kit with progress springs??</div>

i did. my camber was at -2.7

BGR
12-11-2002, 06:50 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NRG)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hey BGR, did you have to use a camber kit with progress springs??</div>

Nope. When I had the alignment done right after lowering, 3 wheels where at 0 degrees and the back right wheel was at -2 degrees. The alignment shop said it was not necessary to have a kit, as long as I rotated my tires on a regular bases (about every 10,000 miles) I would be fine. My Yokohama tires have shown no wear after almost 15,000 miles.

The shop said that you would want some negative camber if you do racing, because it's good for cornering.

HeadAche
12-11-2002, 06:54 PM
I have Intrax springs w/ koni struts on my I-4, she sits about 2" lower than stock, the ride is great, hardly any kind of bounce, but i only drive with 1 other person.. My car is a 2-door even though she has 4-doors..lmao... Im not into the whole just dropping the front idea, if ur worried about the height in the back run on some coilovers, so u can adjust the height and call it a day..