PDA

View Full Version : HELP NEEDED!!!

GaLaNt_03
07-27-2007, 01:58 AM
I just got a 2003 Galant and i dont have a lot of money rite now...i was just wondering if any of you had any suggestions on what to start on first...mind you i dont have that much money....so the cheaper the better...ohh and please dont give me RICER ideas....i had a sick ass montero sport before...so i know wat im doing but thats when i had money and could buy the really expensive stuff...but newayz...now i have a galant...im tryin to keep it in the mitsubishi family....so any ideas you guys have will be greatly appreciated....anything that will make the car look nicer will be good....thanks again...

4g63lover
07-27-2007, 02:11 AM
JDM! JDM! JDM!

I love JDM, but a lot of Galants on these forums are gaga over some JDM's so I kept mine USDM with a little JDM flavor.

GaLaNt_03
07-27-2007, 02:15 AM
how much do u think it would cost?

4g63lover
07-27-2007, 02:21 AM
how much do u think it would cost?

eh, wouldnt be able to tell ya. you'll have to shop around ebay for parts. or shop around here.

zobgel
07-27-2007, 05:54 AM
JDM's is not cheap and they are hard to find.

first thing to do....
1. cleared corners (headlights) you can do it by ur self
2. shaved emblems
3. rims
4. Drop it!
5. exhaust

polishmafia
07-27-2007, 07:51 AM
search the forums please... there have been a ton of threads exactly like this. there are also a bunch of free or cheap mods you can do.

n3oAcid24
07-27-2007, 08:34 AM
search the forums please... there have been a ton of threads exactly like this. there are also a bunch of free or cheap mods you can do.

x2

GaLaNt_03
07-27-2007, 09:57 AM
wat are the free mods a can do..?

mapid145
07-27-2007, 09:59 AM
wat are the free mods a can do..?

where u at in philly

next time i drop by.. ill show u wat u can do

i work in NE philly

GaLaNt_03
07-27-2007, 10:03 AM
when i said philly i meant PA....i live in reading, PA....but how do u clear the corners and what other free mods are there?

bronxbombr
07-27-2007, 10:14 AM

x2

COSIGNED!!!

jhendra83
07-27-2007, 11:25 AM
Here's my .02

Engine:
NGK/Bosch platinum Spark Plugs - If you had V6 G.
NGK Wires
Injen Short Intake ($160)
OBX headers ($???) NEO SAYS IT's CRAP!
HKS universal Muffler (expensive around $350)
Tint (follow your state legal or do it your own risk!)

Exterior:
JDM 3rd or 2nd Gen taillights ($100-$150)
JDM Headlights (two beams!) ($100-$150)
JDM Grille ($50)
EGR Visor ($75)
GTZ spoiler/or if you want EVO wing will look sick! Some member have them ($??)

Suspension:
KYB shocks with either Megan or Tein drop (I'm saving for Megan Damper myself lol) ($350 for the set or $800 for the coilovers)

I lived 17 years in where all Galants are JDMs so I'd personally stay stock w/ the USDM style :D. If I were you, I'd drop it first. Go with Tein/Megan springs and some KYB shocks (AGX) (we're talking approx $350-$400 here). Second, get a set of 17 or 18 wheels (cost is entirely up to you. How much are you willing to spend for a set of wheels?). Third, get an intake system such injen or AEM or CAI if you prefer (about $150). Then, tint your windows if you haven't already done so. Finally get some 4" muffler...then you'd have one of the sickest G around... :twisted:

GaLaNt_03
07-27-2007, 11:54 AM
thanks for the advice but i dont have that ype of money ha....but ne wayz wat free mods are there and how do u clear the corner lights....is it hard? cuz if it is i will pass....i already did the lower grille...that was pretty easy and cheap...it cost me around $20 for the mesh grille....ne thing cheap or free will be good...thanks...

n3oAcid24
07-27-2007, 11:58 AM
Here's my .02

Engine:
NGK/Bosch platinum Spark Plugs - If you had V6 G.
NGK Wires
Injen Short Intake ($160)
OBX headers ($???) NEO SAYS IT's CRAP!
HKS universal Muffler (expensive around $350)
Tint (follow your state legal or do it your own risk!)

Exterior:
JDM 3rd or 2nd Gen taillights ($100-$150)
JDM Headlights (two beams!) ($100-$150)
JDM Grille ($50)
EGR Visor ($75)
GTZ spoiler/or if you want EVO wing will look sick! Some member have them ($??)

Suspension:
KYB shocks with either Megan or Tein drop (I'm saving for Megan Damper myself lol) ($350 for the set or $800 for the coilovers)

I lived 17 years in where all Galants are JDMs so I'd personally stay stock w/ the USDM style :D. If I were you, I'd drop it first. Go with Tein/Megan springs and some KYB shocks (AGX) (we're talking approx $350-$400 here). Second, get a set of 17 or 18 wheels (cost is entirely up to you. How much are you willing to spend for a set of wheels?). Third, get an intake system such injen or AEM or CAI if you prefer (about $150). Then, tint your windows if you haven't already done so. Finally get some 4" muffler...then you'd have one of the sickest G around... :twisted:

http://www.club3g.com/forum/images/smilies/agreed.gif

TederickR
07-27-2007, 12:13 PM
thanks for the advice but i dont have that ype of money ha....but ne wayz wat free mods are there and how do u clear the corner lights....is it hard? cuz if it is i will pass....i already did the lower grille...that was pretty easy and cheap...it cost me around $20 for the mesh grille....ne thing cheap or free will be good...thanks...

Let me ask you this. What is your full total budget amount you want to spend on your car?

GaLaNt_03
07-27-2007, 02:56 PM
the less possible...i have college shit to pay so i cant put all my money into my car...cuz if i do im goin to be backed up on payin for college...so yeaa....the less possible the better....

jhendra83
07-27-2007, 03:26 PM
Just do as time goes along. If you think you can afford for something, then go for it. Only buy something you think you can afford it. If not then don't push yourself. Some of us can't have it all at the same time, but some others can...lol wish I can. I pay out-of-state tuition and shyt cost me almost $20,000/year. Can't do a lot of shyt on my car, too....but yea I feel ya.

99 galant
07-27-2007, 03:58 PM
well if u want really cheap window tint, pick up a few rolls of it and buy the video of doing it your self with the supplies, then just litterally do it your self

zobgel
07-27-2007, 04:03 PM
well if u want really cheap window tint, pick up a few rolls of it and buy the video of doing it your self with the supplies, then just litterally do it your self

not a good idea if youre first time to do that even if you have the installation video. tinting widows is not easy specialy you don't have experience about tints.

i will let the professional shop to do it for me so you save more bucks :wink:

jhendra83
07-27-2007, 04:03 PM
The wheels on my sig here VVVV...those the wheels I'm planning to get! :twisted:

TederickR
07-27-2007, 04:56 PM
I agree with zobgel and jhendra83. Dude just take your time, and just don't buy something because its cheap. If its a good deal, and the product has good quality, go for it. But if its cheap, and its made cheap, then don't waste your time, and money. Might need it for gas, or food. Just start small, just remember, new products are always comming out, so If you don't get something this time, Chances are something else will come. But yeah, I let a professional do the tint. Its more technique and patience than it seems. Hey, start off with a Stereo and some speakers.

99 galant
07-27-2007, 05:52 PM

not a good idea if youre first time to do that even if you have the installation video. tinting widows is not easy specialy you don't have experience about tints.

i will let the professional shop to do it for me so you save more bucks :wink:

me and my girlfriends dad had no experience, look at my car

only thing that went wrong is the front, it was touf to get it down into the car so because I wasnt careful it pealed and i got a new free roll that im going to do better this time, so just becareful and youll be able to do it just fine

bellefontaine187
07-27-2007, 06:01 PM
save your money.........lower your car 1st........save more money.......then buy
some wheels...save more money...and before you no it your car will sart to look better to you and go from there. peace

GaLaNt_03
07-27-2007, 06:24 PM
ok thanks again guys...Its just i want the car to look decent before the end of Aug. Well the car looks good now with nothing on it...its just a want it to look a lil better before the end of Aug cuz thats when i go into skool and i wont have a lot of time to work on it. But thanks again guys u helped alot....if u think of ne ideas just PM me then thanks again...peace...

jhendra83
07-27-2007, 07:48 PM
save your money.........lower your car 1st........save more money.......then buy
some wheels...save more money...and before you no it your car will sart to look better to you and go from there. peace

x100....once you got a better look of your car you want something better than better...something like an EVO maybe? :twisted:

bellefontaine187
07-27-2007, 11:02 PM
yeah, feel you there, evo's are fun to drive.....i have a freind who had one pushing 570 hp, he blew the engine up twice racing it and now has an escolade

SLS2000
07-28-2007, 12:24 AM
search for clear coners in the tutorial section
remove the emblems from the back
cut up the grille horizontal fins, install some gutter mesh from behind ( home depot), sand it all nice, prime it and paint it black. Mitsu dealer will sell you a 00 eclipse gt strut (body brace) bar for under 60 if you shop around. Lucas tranny fluid will help the tranny. Paint your calipers your favorate color with high heat paint. Install a starter kill switch. Look up Getto mat in the search (again Home depot) cheap money and last but not least

Get to work. :D

GaLaNt_03
07-28-2007, 10:46 AM
i dont need to cut the grille...its a 2003 it doesnt have the bar in the middle....and y would iu need a kill switch?

TederickR
07-28-2007, 11:05 AM
search for clear coners in the tutorial section
remove the emblems from the back
cut up the grille horizontal fins, install some gutter mesh from behind ( home depot), sand it all nice, prime it and paint it black. Mitsu dealer will sell you a 00 eclipse gt strut (body brace) bar for under 60 if you shop around. Lucas tranny fluid will help the tranny. Paint your calipers your favorate color with high heat paint. Install a starter kill switch. Look up Getto mat in the search (again Home depot) cheap money and last but not least

Get to work. :D

He might have thought you had an 99-01. Since the grills are different. Well, whatever you do to your G. I am sure it will look good. :D

GaLaNt_03
07-28-2007, 02:45 PM
ok i have $2,440 to spend on my car....can u tell me wat i can do to make it look better....

GaLaNt_03
07-28-2007, 02:47 PM
and also y would i need a kill switch for?

QnzMostWanted
07-28-2007, 02:59 PM
ok i have $2,440 to spend on my car....can u tell me wat i can do to make it look better....

take ur time and look for good deals, dont try to rush it

SLS2000
07-28-2007, 10:15 PM
Unless you already paid for an alarm, the kill switch is the next (cheapest) way to keep your car from getting jacked.

Well

Now that you provided the amount of money available.
Alarm
Rims
Body kit
Tint window

Good luck again.

zobgel
07-28-2007, 10:32 PM

for that kinda money you want to spend on youre car you can make youre car looks better.

just shop around you can find some good deals for rims, suspension and ect.....

just take ur time don't rush it!