PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Power?

glolant02
07-30-2007, 11:44 AM
I just recently purchased a Megan Cat-Back Exhaust System, and it sounds awesome! I am looking for fairly cheap, an easy to DIY mods. I am looking into the DC Headers and a Short Ram Injen Cold Air Intake. Any more Suggestions???

Fairly Cheap = Not more than the car is worth. haha (a turbo is not an option for the time being.)

n3oAcid24
07-30-2007, 11:55 AM
a Short Ram Injen Cold Air Intake.

lol..... its either short ram or CAI. anyways, we've talked about this a lot. o think there was like 2 threads about this last week man. look it up and you should find some answers. have fun....

glolant02
07-30-2007, 12:05 PM
Thanks. That was a coffee typo, i was thinking about too many things at once, I do appreciate your correction though.

n3oAcid24
07-30-2007, 12:09 PM
Thanks. That was a coffee typo, i was thinking about too many things at once, I do appreciate your correction though.

no problem man... also, keep an eye on the For Sale section. things on there pop up for sale and get sold quick. you can usually find some good deals...

seth98esT
07-30-2007, 12:18 PM
THere isnt such a thing as cheap power. You can get a CAI but you probably will not notice a performance gain. The best bang for your buck is Nitrous.

You can only choose two of the following: cheap - reliable - fast.
-You can go the cheap and reliable route, but you wont be fast
-You can shoot for reliable and fast route, but it wont be cheap.
-You can be fast and cheap but it probably will not be reliable.

milo111000
08-01-2007, 10:48 AM
i got my headers for $50. can't get any cheaper than that.

n3oAcid24
08-01-2007, 10:56 AM
i got my headers for $50. can't get any cheaper than that.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

i wish mine where $50...

glolant02
08-01-2007, 12:04 PM
where did you get your headers??? are there anymore available at that price? the lowest price I could find was 315. :cry:

n3oAcid24
08-01-2007, 12:47 PM
where did you get your headers??? are there anymore available at that price? the lowest price I could find was 315. :cry:

feel lucky about that man.... i paid way more then that for my headers.

Phil
08-01-2007, 01:00 PM
yeah and your still slow...

polishmafia
08-01-2007, 01:18 PM
oh snap!!! hahahaha

n3oAcid24
08-01-2007, 01:24 PM
yeah and your still slow...

phil..... with ur ass in your car..... i can beat you walking... :lol:

Kwikfox
08-01-2007, 04:36 PM
I just recently purchased a Megan Cat-Back Exhaust System, and it sounds awesome! I am looking for fairly cheap, an easy to DIY mods. I am looking into the DC Headers and a Short Ram Injen Cold Air Intake. Any more Suggestions???

Fairly Cheap = Not more than the car is worth. haha (a turbo is not an option for the time being.)

Oh my god... another one... :evil: If you want cheap "performance" get a Honda... if you want true performance, it is not cheap. Sure you MIGHT get something if you change headers, install a CAI and cheap shit like that... but it will barely be noticeable. I say just save up money and do it right... you get what you pay for, if you want cheap performance, it will be cheap performance. Besides, why do you want performance right away, I mean what good will it do you, if you want to beat Honda's, don't worry the G can already take most of 'em out. If you decide to save up money, do a turbo install, and a 5 speed swap, (5 spd swap preferably first) than take it from there.

anticon
08-02-2007, 03:27 AM
read a book. please.

glolant02
08-02-2007, 07:37 AM
thanks for all your replies. I used to work at a body shop, and I just bought my 2002 G, I scored a nice deal on it. My old car was a 91 eagle talon tsi, but unfortunately it shit the bed. I loved that car, and I am just looking to make my new G a little quicker than factory, because my talon was a 13 second car, the G seems slow. I am strapped for money at the time, and thats why I am looking to not spend that much money. I am most likely going to do header and a CAI. The 5 speed swap needs to be from a 200-05 eclipse right?