PDA

View Full Version : EGR Visor Question

03galantnga
07-30-2007, 07:59 PM
Recently Installed my EGR visor and its seems like the first 1/4 inch (maybe a little more) on each side of the top strip didnt stay stuck down. Just wondering if everyone else's visor is completely stuck or has this problem. I've driven it for a couple of days like this and it doesn't seem to have gotten worse but not sure. Think its anything to worry about?

99 galant
07-30-2007, 08:14 PM
i dont have one, but id worry, it could peel off more and idn how much they are but its money that could litterally blow away, try using some double sidded tape or bring it back where you go it or something just to be safe

-99 galant

same color and stock rims as yours :P

pinoyesv6
07-30-2007, 08:18 PM
mine is still completely stuck for how many years already.

when i applied it, i did the long edge first, starting from one side and going to the other, and then lastly did the sides. how did you put yours on?

03galantnga
07-30-2007, 08:26 PM
applied mine the same way as you applied yours

bellefontaine187
07-30-2007, 08:59 PM
do you have the genuine egr visor or a jdm visor? i have a jdm visor and it stays stuck but it did lift up a tiny bit on each side of the top corners. but it shouldnt go anywhere. ive had mine for 3 years and its never gone anywhere. i have re-taped it up one time with new 3m tape onlybecause i took it off to paint it.if it is real bad than take it off real carfully, and re-apply some fresh 3m tape to it and put it back on your car starting with the top part first then do the sides. it will hold... it just tends to peel up in the corners if your car is in the direct sun for long periods of time. mine hasnt peeled since i re-taped it though.

03galantnga
07-30-2007, 09:58 PM
I have the EGR one, not the JDM. It's lifted just a little on each side. I did the top first and then the sides. The sides are stuck completely don't seem to be peeling at all and the top edges just seems like it never stuck to begin with (almost as if the shape of the visor is slightly off from the shape of the backglass). I don't really want to pull on it to see if its stuck well but ive driven between 65mph and 85mph and from what i can tell it hasn't peeled back anymore.

SLS2000
07-30-2007, 10:15 PM
Mine lifted just a little on one side only. Keeping an eye on it now.

bronxbombr
07-30-2007, 10:28 PM
the secret is to go to home depot and get a roll of double sided tape, apply that strip over the existing strip. When installing on the car for best adhere........(it will never come off again, may even break if attempted to be removed)......use a blow dryer or a heat gun on its lowest setting to make sure the adhesive sticks. I have used this method and have had no problems. Although i did break my first one by trying to remove it.

fatal1
07-30-2007, 11:19 PM
the secret is to go to home depot and get a roll of double sided tape, apply that strip over the existing strip. When installing on the car for best adhere........(it will never come off again, may even break if attempted to be removed)......use a blow dryer or a heat gun on its lowest setting to make sure the adhesive sticks. I have used this method and have had no problems. Although i did break my first one by trying to remove it.

x2 and make sure you thouroughly clean the surface using alcohol etc...if your afraid that it isnt going to stay just pull it off go to autozone or whatever and get some new 3m adhesive its like $5

03galantnga
08-02-2007, 09:40 AM
Well I decided to retape the visor and once i started taking it off, I realized there was no way it would have come off on its on. So i got it off, retaped it, and stuck it back on with the help of a friend and did it exactly as stated by everyone else. This time it came up just a little on the corner exactly as before and you have to push down hard on the corners for it to be flush. So, I just think maybe the visor is warped slightly or something but I'm pretty sure its not coming off.

alexvr
08-02-2007, 12:36 PM
the top is flushed with the car on mine but the sides sit up a little bit becasue the visor is flat until it hits the sides theres like a lil pattern to it,

bronxbombr
08-02-2007, 12:48 PM
glad i could be of assistance:)

AVERAGE
08-03-2007, 01:15 AM
mine is still completely stuck for how many years already.

when i applied it, i did the long edge first, starting from one side and going to the other, and then lastly did the sides. how did you put yours on? Did mine the same way. The sides didnt seem to want to cooperate but I got her on. Im definetly keeping an eye on it.

mindwerkz
08-03-2007, 01:40 PM
Did you go driving with it on before the adhesive was done setting?

AVERAGE
08-04-2007, 01:09 AM
Oh hell no! I ve learned from others mistakes :P I put it on when I got to work and when I got off checked it and it was fine. That was 3 days ago. Havent been on the highway yet but I keep checking it to make sure that its seated.