PDA

View Full Version : To those of you who have upholstered door panels

risen7
07-31-2007, 01:59 PM
well i just got done doin my door panels and i was just wonderin how you got the trim on the door handles back on cuz im havin some trouble, any ideas???

fatal1
07-31-2007, 02:23 PM
there are a few trim parts to the door panels which ones are you referring to the woodgain? or the panel itself? little confused, maybee a pic would help

risen7
07-31-2007, 02:42 PM
sorry i kinda realized i wasnt too clear..i meant the part that slides over the actual door handle itself, i have the panel on, i just cant get that little piece to fit right

fatal1
07-31-2007, 08:09 PM
oooo, gotacha the little cup type thing i take it...well first make sure the panel is on good and you got all the screws etc in lift the door handle slide the cup piece through the handle it should look like tos forward too far...then push on it giving it some pressure and slide it back and the clips will lock in, then pit the 1 screw in

risen7
07-31-2007, 08:44 PM
oh no i know how to get them on im just sayin that i am having problems because of the extra thickness of another piece of fabric i think..im just gonna try to do some trimming and then hopefully i can get some finished pics of the install :D

99 galant
07-31-2007, 08:45 PM
i just did my interior today too pics are coming up of mine as soon as photobucket loads

pinoyesv6
07-31-2007, 09:31 PM
what the problem? the trim won't clip in or is the screw too short? if its the screw, just buy a longer screw.