PDA

View Full Version : Revhard Turbo Manifold

remarque
08-01-2007, 01:39 PM
I read at club3g that the revhard manifold for the 4G63 places the turbo to close to the radiator in the 3g eclipse. My question is there any difference in the distance between the engine and radiator in the galant?

Stewi
08-01-2007, 09:40 PM
There is but its not that much. I cant see how it places it too close to the radiator when the EVO's have such little clearance to begin with. Let me see if I can find pics of this on an EVO.

Stewi
08-01-2007, 10:02 PM
OK here is the thread on EVOM

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=238680&page=7&highlight=rev+hard

One of the guys said he had to switch to a slim line fan so the turbo didnt hit the stock fan, no questions about it hittin the radiator. There is substantially more clearance between the engine and radiator on an 8g than an EVO, I'd say the 8g has about 4-5" more space. Looking at the design of this RevHard manifold, It even looks to me as if it would also clear the starter without modification which is a big big plus. I'd like to see someone try this out. That would be awesome because they are really cheap, like $300 manifolds. Thats a totall score for a T3 flanged manifold and being that its cast steel, it very good at holding heat and much less prone to cracking at the welds like tubular manifolds since its cast and there are no welds.

remarque
08-01-2007, 10:14 PM
I post before even looking at the thread you posted, but thats no the manifold. That made for a EVO, this one is made for 1st/2nd DSM. Here it is
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/REV-HARD-TURBO-MANIFOLD-Mitsubishi-Eclipse-Talon-4G63_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33742QQihZ002QQite mZ120146842634QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Stewi
08-02-2007, 04:44 PM
LOL... Well there is an obvious reason that it wont work. Ever take a good look at a T3 turbine housing? If the compressor inlet is facing the driver side of the 8g, the turbine housing scrolls outward, away from the motor. Now flip it around, torward the passenger side and it scrolls inward and would be incredibly tight if not hitting the block. On DSMs it faces the passenger side, so it scrolls in toward the block, therefore when that manifold was engineered, it had to stick out far enough to allow the turbo enough clearance between the block. So now take some knuckle head on club3g, he bolts it to his car, then faces the turbo to the driver side, now the thing is sticking wayyyyy out there. Thats why it hits. You should be able to just get the one made for the EVO and make it work.

qnz
08-02-2007, 08:32 PM
Brian, I think dave3g on club 3g had a t3 turbo and had the exhaust wrap around back toward the motor. i dont think he had any fitment issues

remarque
08-02-2007, 09:45 PM
I get what your saying. I'm going to see if I can find the dimensions for this thing and make sure. They both do the same thing and this one is cheaper than the evo's, so I'll buy it, test fit and if it doesnt fit send it back.

Stewi
08-03-2007, 05:42 PM
Brian, I think dave3g on club 3g had a t3 turbo and had the exhaust wrap around back toward the motor. i dont think he had any fitment issues

Yeah he comes over my house all the time to trade parts and bs. His didnt hit anything because he has no A/C and he faced it toward the passenger side not the driver side. What im saying is, if you bought the one made for the EVO it should fit, but if you use the 2g one and try facing it toward the driver side, the turbo is gonna hit the radiator/fans.

mtcavity1
08-03-2007, 06:55 PM
Thank you for posting this, I was looking at this manifold as the next up-grade but was sceptical. Need something like this for the T3/t4 laxenwarrior gave to me. :D

qnz
08-03-2007, 09:28 PM
gotcha

qnz
08-16-2007, 10:51 AM
Surprisingly, the distance from the engine to the radiator is the SAME in the 8g as a 3g. Our radiators also a few inches higher than the 3g's. I was thinking that you can get a Revhard mani and t3 turbo and install it the DSM way. Instead of a intake pipe, just put the filter right onto the turbo. I tried this using a 2g mani but there is too little room. Turbo fits, but filter would hit the power steering. maybe with the extra 2 inches you gain from using a t3 mani, you can attach a 3" tall filter.

Stewi
08-16-2007, 02:16 PM
I dont know. Im really not sure what will or wont fit with the A/C in the car but I do know the A/C takes up a lot of critical space if your planning to put a turbo in the car. If anyone finds a revhard manifold for cheap let me know, and I will do a test fit.