PDA

View Full Version : Noobie time.

komodo
08-02-2007, 04:53 PM
I've been looking at Galants to purchase as my first vehicle for the past week now.. I've been looking into them since the day I joined TGC. So far my first noobie question is..
When a dealership mentions the vehicle is "all equipped" what is included in the 2003 8g Galant ES? [I4] Ever since I was born I was always confused with this "all equipped" nonsense.
As for my first car.. I've been looking into getting a Galant, an Eclipse [1g, 2g] or a Celica [6g, 7g]...

polishmafia
08-02-2007, 05:03 PM
all equipped is a term they use to jack the price up. look at the car, find out what options it has.

komodo
08-02-2007, 05:11 PM
Uhm so there isn't really anything to an "all equipped" vehicle? 0.o

And according to the description on the Galant it says it has "Air Conditioning, Intermittent Wipers, Anti-Lock Brakes, All Equipped, Power Windows, Tinted Glass, Tilt Wheel" It's one of the most fair priced one I have found... There is another that I'm interested that has sunroof =D but it's got like 107,000KMs..

VegasMatt
08-02-2007, 05:16 PM
I think Galants come all equipped already. Unless you have the sunroof.

komodo
08-02-2007, 05:22 PM
Also what is "Fully Loaded"? What's the difference between that and "All Equipped"?

pinoyesv6
08-02-2007, 05:27 PM
those two terms are just dealship mumbo jumbo IMO.

but if I were to think of a difference between the two based on everything u said.

a Fully Loaded 2003 Galant would be a GTZ with all the options. ie. Spoiler

an All Equipped ES I4 is an ES I4 with all the options, like alloy wheels, sunroof, premium sound system etc etc etc.

komodo
08-02-2007, 05:35 PM

but if I were to think of a difference between the two based on everything u said.

an All Equipped ES I4 is an ES I4 with all the options, like alloy wheels, sunroof, premium sound system etc etc etc.

Hmnn oki. Thanks for the info. Might call the dealership in a few days to confirm what the G actually has.

TederickR
08-02-2007, 10:55 PM

Hmnn oki. Thanks for the info. Might call the dealership in a few days to confirm what the G actually has.

If you can get the VIN number , that will tell the whole story... Or the ad in the newspaper or internet.